Ford Jubilee loader?

I’m picking up a 1953 Ford Jubilee Sunday. Wanting to put a loader on it, what loaders will fit it? Are they hard to find?

Also would the Jubilee be able to handle a post driver?

I’m picking up a 1953 Ford Jubilee Sunday. Wanting to put a loader on it, what loaders will fit it? Are they hard to find?

The easiest to find will be the pipe frame roll cage type loaders normally associated with the earlier N series. More commonly referred to the swing set type loader. Better than a shovel and wheelbarrow but does not compare to the hydraulics of a newer tractor and as noted before the lack of power steering is a drawback. The Jubilee in my mind would not be good with a post driver unless the power up gravity drop type units never mind power both directions.

The easiest to find will be the pipe frame roll cage type loaders normally associated with the earlier N series. More commonly referred to the swing set type loader. Better than a shovel and wheelbarrow but does not compare to the hydraulics of a newer tractor and as noted before the lack of power steering is a drawback. The Jubilee in my mind would not be good with a post driver unless the power up gravity drop type units never mind power both directions.
You mean the "jungle jim" loader, so called because it is pipe that you have to climb up and over to get to the seat.

I have a nice Farmhand trip bucket loader that I removed from a 641, I believe it's a model F20. I would let it go reasonable, it has a snow bucket and a manure bucket with a dirt plate and also the original owners manual. Location may be the problem I'm in NE Minnesota. If interested let me know, should bolt right on a Jubilee. The 641 it came off didn't have PS either. I just didn't need a loader on this tractor was the reason for taking it off.

I have a nice Farmhand trip bucket loader that I removed from a 641, I believe it's a model F20. I would let it go reasonable, it has a snow bucket and a manure bucket with a dirt plate and also the original owners manual. Location may be the problem I'm in NE Minnesota. If interested let me know, should bolt right on a Jubilee. The 641 it came off didn't have PS either. I just didn't need a loader on this tractor was the reason for taking it off.
I’m located in KY, if you were closer I’d definitely be interested!

I put this on a Jubilee back around 1980. I believe it was off a Ford 8000. Had to fab a bracket to hold the hydraulic pump, Worked well for many years, a b***h to steer.

Attachments

• Ford.Jubilee.1.jpg
    Ford.Jubilee.1.jpg
    973.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Ford.Jubilee.2.jpg
    Ford.Jubilee.2.jpg
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Ford.Jubilee.5.JPG
    Ford.Jubilee.5.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 33
Skip the loader idea and find more tractor newer for a loader with good power steering. The whole tractor is kind of light for loader work and hydraulics will be sadly disappointing. Move on up to a lot newer tractor like in the 80's or newer if you can. Most tractors were a compramise for loaders till about the 80's. MFWD would be on my requirement list for a loader anymore.

Through the forties, fifties, sixties and most of the seventies over 98% of tractors with loaders were two wheel drive with armstrong steering. At the time they were the top shelf set-up. I have sold two loaders off from tactors that I have purchased. Both went onto very different tractors by means of fabricated brackets.

I have two jungle gym loaders that need a new home, came off from a 641. I do not agree with those saying steering will be a problem. Climbing over the back to get to the seat can be a problem. I'm in central NY.

I have a Jubilee with a loader. To make it work well I have 1100 pounds of steel on the back, and added power steering off a Hundred series Ford tractor. It is also converted to 12 volt but still with a generator. I have broken the right front spindle as it is always overloaded. I also have a smaller Kubota with front assist and power steering that gets used more,and drives better. My advice, look for a newer tractor and save a lot of work and time making the Jubilee work for you. Look for one with the loader already installed and drive it before you buy.

I installed a Ford 701 ( standard 68) loader on my 8n this winter. It had a pipe frame jungle Jim loader on it, I was tired on climbing on the back to get on tractor. Just be aware of the limitations of the tractor. It will move some dirt or stone but don't plan to move mountains. Not much traction with a full bucket.

Another thing is that back in the day before FWA, all these two wheel drive loader tractors had counterweights. Usually they were just 55 gal drums full of rocks scrap iron etc. just sitting on a crossbar between the lift arms.

If it doesn't have power steering on it it will not be very good with a loader since it will be very hard to steer
Power Steering wasn't a standard feature on FORD TRACTORS until the '57 '01 Series and many FORDS prior to then had FEL's on them. You do not need Power Steering to operate with a FEL, but it sure helps! Having 16" tires is almost a requirement and with front wheel weights an even better bonus. Cannot tell you want brands are out there now but there were many suppliers back in the days -DAVIS, WAGNER, SUPERIOR, and DEARBORN was supplied by these and a few others. I think many parts are available nowadays like hoses and cylinders.

Tim Daley (MI)

Jubilees are fine tractors for what they were designed, but they don't have jack all for hydraulic capacity. The hydraulic system was designed to raise and lower the 3pt arms and not much more. That does not bode well for a post driver.

Your best bet is to look at what tractor the loader was removed from rather than a specific brand or model. There is a much better chance of the seller knowing that information than the brand or model of the loader itself. "What model is it?" "It came off an 8N." Obviously any loader that was removed from a Jubilee is a candidate. Possibly loaders from N-series or 600 series tractors will also bolt right on. The newer the loader the happier you'll be. Ideally you'd want to find something with a "square" framework rather than a loader made from pipe. They're simpler and stronger. Ideally something with its own hydraulic system that runs off an engine-driven pump. Make sure you get the pump and all the brackets.

The "Wagner" pipe type made a "Step" Thru Loader that I had on my 841,same fit as as the Jubilee !! Jim in New Mexico

I have a ford step-through loader with the front bolster. The frame is used to hold hydraulic oil. Has front mount pump. We had the same type on our Jubilee as a kid asking 300.00 2 spool valve

Power Steering wasn't a standard feature on FORD TRACTORS until the '57 '01 Series and many FORDS prior to then had FEL's on them. You do not need Power Steering to operate with a FEL, but it sure helps! Having 16" tires is almost a requirement and with front wheel weights an even better bonus. Cannot tell you want brands are out there now but there were many suppliers back in the days -DAVIS, WAGNER, SUPERIOR, and DEARBORN was supplied by these and a few others. I think many parts are available nowadays like hoses and cylinders.

Tim Daley (MI)
You do not need Power Steering to operate with a FEL......I hope you are joking!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back