Ford serial number location

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I purchased a tractor, but cannot find the serial number. I was told it was a 1965 ford 3000d. My tractor is Ford white, blue, with the muffler on the left side, exhaust pointing up. Ford on the radiator grill and air intake is the oil bath type, left side near the steering wheel. The front is round, not square, and the motor is a three cylinder, diesel fuel. A web-site said the serial number was on the right side, near the starter housing. The only number I can find is on the left side of the tractor, below the battery. Unfortunately, battery acid has removed most of that number.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
 
With the exception of the 3 cylinder part, what you describe sounds like an early thousand series tractor.... either a 2000 or 4000, but these are both 4 cylinder engines. Can you post a pic?

Rod
 
Rod

Yes I can take a picture, but will be Saturday before I can post it. While I'm taking the picture, I will double check on the number of cylinders. Thanks!!

Russ
 
Rod: FWIW, a 79 Fel-Pro catalog shows:
2000: Diesel 152; Gas,Diesel 158, all 3cyl; and Diesel 144, Gas/LPG 134, all 4cyl...
4000: "201" engine (doesn"t state gas or diesel) a 3cyl, and Gas 172 4cyl.
HTH
 
You're listing engines from three separate and completly different tractor designs/series that all used the 2000 or 4000 moniker.
The engine description for 'this' tractor doesn't jive with the tractor description. Based on air cleaner location and battery location it sounds like an early thousand series based on the 601 or 801 tractor. Those were all 4 clyinders. Could be a Dexta with a 3 hole Perkins, but the battery location doesn't match as I believe they were all located on the left footboard, or at least ours was...
If it's a post '65 tractor it definitely doesn't have rounded tin unless one's vision of rounded is different than mine. The 'real' thousand series were quite square.

Rod
 
I should add that the serial number on the US thousand series and the later thousand series are both located aft of the starter on the bellhousing. I think the Dexta's is probably in the same location but I'm not positive of that. The model number is in the same area.

Rod
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top