Ford truck radio removal tool

atlarge54

I need to remove the radio in my 1999 F250 to get at the fuel pump relay. Should I purchase the tools or just bend a coat hangar to release it? Who's actually done this?

Coat hanger works fine. Done it a few times. Kinda hard to pull out without a cd slot or tape slot to grab on to,, but doable. 4 holes, just bend 2 pieces into a u shape. Pull sideways and out on the wires. Sometimes they come out pretty easy. Or if you can, reach up under and push from the back.

I need to remove the radio in my 1999 F250 to get at the fuel pump relay. Should I purchase the tools or just bend a coat hangar to release it? Who's actually done this?
I remember removing the radio to see it, I am positive I removed the ash tray ran my am in that hole while looking thru the radio hole and retrieved the relay. I would like to know what they were thinking.

I would buy the tool as the blue color flasher is a know problem you will be back, I would replace the flasher while there.

Reactions: JWA
Most parts stores sell the tools. They do make it much easier than coat hangers. The correct tools have a ball in the end so that when you spread the tools sideways to release the spring clips, you can give a pull at the same time. The tools are not expensive, but free is even less expensive.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back