Fried 172 Ford diesel ???

Forum,
Two months ago I tilted my Pettibone to far and lost oil pressure and just had it assessed. Need a new block, crank, and two connecting rods. Operator Error??? Any and all advice will be appreciated. Anyone know where I can get an engine or parts stated above. Another question, if this is an industrial diesel, will a gas engine take its place in the skidder.
Mr. T. Minnesota

Yep, direct bolt in. One difference will be the gas tank - no return line on the gasser. Another difference will be the appetite... may want a 2nd tank on it! :)

I've seen those old Pettibone fork lifts with many different engine in them. I know a guy who has one with the same engine as in a 560 Farmall tractor

There's a upcoming sale has several 172
diesel engines on sale
Www.aumannauctions.com
Roger and Chris Clark collection
2 sales 1 tractors other implements parts
lawn and garden and memorabilia
It's a online sale and Aumann can ship

Do you always need to replace the slotted seals that seal the injector feed tubes on the head of a diesel or are they reusable?

I have 172 diesel motor in 981 tractor with a bad trans I would sell==can here it run==in south central Minn

(quoted from post at 03:59:03 07/17/17) I have 172 diesel motor in 981 tractor with a bad trans I would sell==can here it run==in south central Minn
Dean,
Tell me more about the engine. Where in southern Minnesota?
Chuck Trucano

JUST A GOOD OLD ENGINE--Starts good--Good oil pressure--Plowed with it last fall pulls good--I have had it forever never used any oil
About 17 miles south west of Mankato--$900.00

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back