Fuel filter banjo?

Hey guys,

I ordered a replacement CAV style fuel filter for my AD3.152 Perkins and it did not come with the banjo on top (#18 in pic).

After looking at the original fuel filter I have, what the purpose of this banjoy fitting is. Is it just acting as a union for the two lines that return fuel from injectors back to the tank?

Can you use the fuel filter head without banjo and a single line to connect injector return to fuel tank? If so, why even have this union? Seems like another place to leak.

thanks for any info.

Drew

mvphoto94908.png

It needs to stay in place. Return from the injection pump and return to the tank need to stay as they are. I've seen the injection pump inlet/return lines crossed at
the filter base that caused MAJOR problems with trapped air getting into injection pump, causing engine shut down. Perkins fuel systems on MF tractors have a constant
bleed orifice in the filter base top to keep air from getting into injection pump.

I ordered the fuel filter head from YT. This pic is from one of the side ports. Is this acceptable? If you see, the hole is off center and there is basically no shoulder stop for the olive in this specific hole.
mvphoto95128.jpg

This post was edited by Drew.Styduhar on 07/26/2022 at 01:17 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back