Fuel prices and ignorance

JDemaris

Well-known Member
I've really gotten surprised as some of the whining and overt ignorance displayed on this forum lately in regard to fuel prices in the USA.
Especially to the two forum posters claiming Exxon is the culprit because they make over 30% profit - which is pure nonsense. I said it before, and I'll say it again - I don't like the high prices either. But, I also don't think that somehow, because I'm a US citizen, I'm entitled to something special - as compared to rest of the world. We had dirt-cheap fuel for years and we squandered it.

Today, Exxon makes approx. 9 cents for every gallon gas we buy. Take that 9 cents away, and then what? Go try to make your own and see how you do.

The biggest supplier of crude oil to the USA is Canada, and they are not a member of OPEC.
Last I heard, George Bush is not in control of Canada.

For anyone the cares about reality - here are a few facts. Many politicians thrive on the type of ignorance that's been displayed here, and then get voted in by promising to go after fictious enemies. There are so many moron voters - even if we had a candidate with good ideas he or she couldn't dare make those ideas public.

Here's the breakdown from last month of one day and gallons of crude the USA bought:

CANADA 1,780 gallons (non OPEC)
SAUDI ARABIA 1,675 gallons
VENEZUELA 1,246 gallons
MEXICO 1,234 gallons (non OPEC)
NIGERIA 1,210 gallons

Point #2 Right now, gasoline is $3.33 in my town.
From that, Exxon makes 9 cents profit on one gallon.

Today - here is where the $3.33 goes for 1 gallon:

Distribution and Marketing - .05

Crude Oil cost - $2.35

Refinery cost and profits .30

State and Local Sales Tax .25

State Excise Tax .18

Federal Excise Tax .18
 
Exxon Mobil made a profit last year of 36 billion.

That is for a product they sold throughout the world.

How much of that profit was derived from sales of gas to the US customers?

Wal Mart made a profit last year of nearly 12 billion dollars selling it's products mostly in the U.S. I don't see anybody suggesting they be taken to the woodshed for it.
 
The figures for crude bought by the USA is "thousands of barrels", not gallons.

E.g. we bought 1,780,000 barrels from Canada in one day, not 1,780 gallons. Sorry about that, I'm typing from government PDF files.
 
One thing missing from Exon profit statement is that they also have oil producing wells that were making them money at $30 a barrel. So at $100 a barrel they are making an extra $70 dollars a barrel.
 
I think there has been enough said and we all need to drop the subject. Also I think sometimes you need to read between the lines to understand what is being said and understand right or wrong everyone has a right to there view. That doesn't give you the right to call people names or put them down. As for the USA it is the best there is even with the problems and being a US citizen is something to be proud of and I do have the right to be entitled to something special as compared to the rest of the world and I'm not talking about hand outs or free. I'm not some poor stupid person as you and one other pointed out in another forum and all because you didn't understand what I was trying to say. My wife and I do very well but we consider ourselves average Americans that work hard everyday for what we have but we are not FAT CAT MONEY POLITICIANS and that sir is who is in control of this country. We have lost our control, we the people, by the people, for the people, it has become by the money, for the money, By THE FAT CATS, FOR THE FAT CATS. As foor your facts about crude oil ect. you better do some more resarch, I deal with cude oil, pricing, purchasing, and oil companies six days a week and have over twenty years in this field and trust me when I say that's where the money ( profit ) is and they are GOOD at blowing smoke. Yes we could all cut back and tighten our belts and not waste things but you need to unload the top of the hay wagon before the bottom. READ BETWEEN THE LINES OK
 
Right on JD. One other thing we fail to think of our precious retirement plans/mutual funds are tied to companies like Exxon. So go ahead and pee down their back and see what happens to gas and oil prices as well as your/my investments. Come on people it's America, business rules and socialists drool.
 
So you're saying that NONE of their costs have gone up? They have to pay for fuel, labor, equipment, benefits, etc., and that has gone up too.
 
As I stated in the other posting on this topic, I'm afraid the days of "cheap" energy are over. This fact is having a big negative effect on our economy. The U.S.A is a "mobile" society and that will probably change as petroleum costs rise. Many people are upset,afraid or just plain mad because these circumstances will involve change, inconvenience, hardship etc. Alot of people dont know the facts on this topic , but react based on being upset,afraid or mad. I wouldnt judge them too harshly , it is good that you have presented facts on the topic , maybe it will help people understand and react based on reason . In my opinion, the low energy costs from the last few years before Hurricane Katrina is part of what kept the economy going. Now- looks like times may be a little harder , but its an election year , you never know!!
 
As long as people defend the oil company profits we'll get the screws tightened more. There is very little competition in the gas business as all the smaller companies have been gobbled up by larger ones. This is also happening in a lot of other industries. I work around road building construction and small family run business's are being bought out by large corporations regularly. The Justice Department rarely stops a sale. This practice gives large corporations to much power over the market. This will not be good for the consumer.
 
I don't know what's worse the ignorance you speak of or people like you that defend the oil companies. How much stock do you have in Exxon anyway? Defend them all you want these prices are getting ridiculous and for no apparent reason. When the roll is called up yonder we will see who is ignorant and who is the crook.
 
Basically I think we are getting what we deserve.

Back in the 76s we had a warning. Whether it was real or not there were shortages and warnings of worse things to come. Anyone of any intelligence would have to think that with increasing population,and more and more of that population using more and more oil, that there would be, because of supply and demand, increases in price at some point, and someday real shortages. The problem is people didn't wake up and demand other sorsres of power, wind, solar, hydrogen, etc. and real energy efficiency of autos, appliences, and buildings. Our leaders are all at fault too for letting us get into a position where we are importing so much oil from people who hate us.
 
All that I am going to say is this,and its not a long drawn out answer.If any oil company or for that matter energy company,hospital,whatever service raises their price,everybodys wages in this country should go up first.
Poor people arent all like the ones in the Scrooge play.Sometimes they are worse off really.While you set there in your freedom of speech apologizeing,real people are suffering,and its only the beginning,and you know it.
 
In Canada we have stickers on the gas pumps explaining where the money from each gallon/litre goes. All of the various taxes accounts for around 45% of the total cost to buy gas. The oil companies make a profit because of the huge volumes they deal. We need gas so of course the gov't. is going to stick their greedy hands in as deep as they can. I don't smoke but up here a pack of cigarettes costs over $10/pack. Why? Gov't. taxes! Liquor? Same thing. If you wonder why farmers are having a harder time making a profit, you don't need to look any further than the gov't! If the Gov't. thinks anybody is making too much money, they always make sure they get their cut first.
 
A better question is how much profit did the federal government make from fuel taxes that US citizens paid last year? Don't know the exact figure but lots more than any oil company made. And the oil companies made enormous capital investments in infrastructure, labor, exploration costs, royalties,transportation, insurance, environmental costs, etc. etc... Also the oil companies have to purchase crude oil on a world market. Oil companies don't control the world market and futures market prices. But much impact on prices comes from federal government policies of blocking domestic exploration and blocking construction of new refineries. And for the ding dongs that insist on having local blends of gasoline to suit the local environment, I hope you're enjoying the high prices for your custom fuel...

BTW, what did the federal government do to earn the taxes paid for all the fuel purchased last year? Absolutely nothing except passing laws requiring higher and higher taxes on fuel....
 
It's the system I don't like.
That 36 m and 12M is now the base for next year so they will strive to better that.But the little things are important so where is that .02c
that you dropped.??
 
You speak of the big corporations buying everything up , what do you think is happening to our farm land as we cry about oil?? I can go without oil longer than I can go without FOOD! It's oil prices today...how many "family" farmers do you think will still be farming when a loaf of bread is $10.00 and a gallon of milk is $15.00?? we have one of these "corporate" thousand head dairy farms down the road from us owned by the Dutch , none of them even speak english , they bring their own brand of 30 mph tractors over with them. Most of the "employees" are Dutch or Mexican "kids" making a good living at $7.00 hr + US handouts. Oh , you can't even rent land around here because the "corporation" will out-bid you no-matter how high you bid for it. How come we spent so many lives and money fighting "against" communism????
 
I think we should all bow our heads, and offer up a heartfelt prayer of thanks for all those dedicated, selfless, hard working oil people who's only thought, night and day, is to supply us with the cheapest possible energy, no matter what personal sacrifices they have to make. They're out there, all around the world, putting us, their customers, ahead of themselves, their families, their own livelihoods, working like galley slaves, so we can live the good life, because serving their customers is the only thing that gives their lives meaning and fulfillment...and what greater example of their selfless devotion to us, their customers, is Enron, who...oops...Exxon! Exxon!, I meant Exxon!!..oh, forget it...
Jd, just relax a little...so you got outbid by a GM retiree, it's not the end of the world; I thought the capitalist system was just for that: everyone doing the best they could to make their lives better...the auto companies didn't have to agree, they could've called out the troops, like in the good 'ol days before unions, or just shut down and started making lock washers or something...there'll be lots more deals to make...just take a few slow, deep breaths and check your blood pressure.
 
Your line of reasoning seems to be." I work hard but you have more money than me. You must be stealing my money".
If you want more money. Work more hours or do something that pays more per hour.
And contrary to what some churches teach. It"s not immoral to be wealthy. The camel and the eye of the needle story is not what Westerners think of.

In old Jerusalem there was/is a street named "The Eye of the needle". The street both narrows and looses overhead clearance. To get a camel through the camel has to walk/crawl on it"s knees.
If you are wanting to cut he price of fuel at the pumps. Try getting the well head price per barrel cut rather than blaming the middle man.
Gary, trucker and Ohio88. Are you telling us you want both the best of capitalism and socialism without any of the costs or responsibilities?
 
If Exxon only makes .09 per gallon how many gallons did they sell to make a profit of over 40 Billion$$$$$$$$ after paying CO's over a million a year to run the company?My calculator want figure that high.
 
I usually do get involved in OT"s like this, but jdemaris has provided a cold hard look at what costs are involved in current gas prices. In my opinion, we, as a nation, have to realize who the real enemy is. It isn"t the energy providers IT"S US, the energy users! If you don"t like to pay $3.339/gallon, don"t buy it! We keep buying gas and using our vehicles in the face of rising energy prices not brought about by greed but by the world"s insatiable appetite for petroleum products. (If these numbers are correct, $0.09 /$3.339 is like 2.7% profit on sales. Hardly greed, in my opinion.) It"s just that simple. We try to get around our own wasteful use of energy by blaming Big Oil, but without demand, Big Oil would go broke.

Some of you guys farm. When the price of wheat hit $13.50 a bushel last year, did you think that the wheat growers were being greedy to sell at those prices. Just like oil, the wheat price was demand driven. We are all ( or probably most of us are) big supporters of the free enterise system that lets market forces (supply and demand) set the price of commodities, yet here we are complaining that our ox is getting gored because we don"t like the price that our (the royal our!) demand is setting! Well folks, you can"t have it both ways.
Thanks jdemaris for trying to inject some rational thought into what always turns out to be an emmotional issue.
I will now get off my soap box.
 
Some of you just dont get it. Exxon doesnt just sell gasoline here in the USA. They do not deal solely in just oil. They are a diverse company, they own or have controlling interests in many different companys around the world. There 40 billion dollar profit is not just from the oil you pump in your car at there gas station.
 
Hey there;
Take it easy on the government taxes.
After all the government(US),has to
send ALL that tax money overseas to
support people who HATE the USA.
(note the sarcasm) Bob
God Bless






































0
 
Just my simple point of view here. The first big mistake we in the US made was to go to war and cut taxes at the same time. Then lowered interest rates to try and keep the economy going. Everyone or I would think everyone knows the futures markets react to uncertainty. The very day we set foot in Iraq the uncertainty started and will continue until the conflict is over.

I have one question. How do we know oil is $100+ per barrel? Does anyone have proof that we're paying that actual price for foreign oil?

Several things I hope we as a country will learn from this. If we go to war we can't cut taxes at the same time and it's a must to have the American people involved in the wars we choose. Other than our military being there this is a outsourced war. It has cost us dearly and will continue to do so as long as we're there and may continue long after because we pi$$ed off so many other countries doing so.

The next thing I look at is charts. Look over the years just going back 50 years or so and it's plain to see we always have fuel price hikes when we have nnalert presidents. There's one or two years there was a Dem. but fuel didn't spike like under nnalert leadership. Our present leader has set all kinds on new records. I have a feeling it'll take over 50 years to get past his decisions. And no the president doesn't set oil prices but he sure can make decisions that can cause high prices in every area. President Bush may have a new middle name hung on him for his legacy. It may be George Hoover Bush. He may not deserve it all but I expect he's earned at least the first 4 letters. Hoov Bush.

We need a leader to pull the country together. I don't see one yet. America is in big trouble. We need a good trouble shooter right now.
 
Good post jdemaris!
I never did see why so many people are so hostile towards the oil companies. They are just another company doing what they are supposed to do. Show a profit.
A couple of points:
1) If all these people here who grumble about gas prices would just sell their antique tractors and invest the money into Exxon stock they would be glad to see even bigger oil profits. Anyone can buy oil stock. Anyone can share those profits.
2) Oil companies can not just arbitrairily raise their profit margin. They have to stay competitive or lose out to the other guys.
Compare that to the State of Minnesota who just last week voted to raise our gas tax.
3) If we regulate the profits that big oil is allowed to make shouldn't we also regulate what other industries are allowed to make?
Take a look at Hollywood for an example of how a chosen few are allowed to make an obscene profit on their investment.
 
I must make a comment here.

1. Exxon mobil made a $41 Billion profit a year ago. I call that gouging. Plain and simple.

2. 100 years ago Teddy Roosevelt broke up Standard oil by getting competition to lower the price. Rockfeller and his henchmen were crooks, plain and simple. His Mafia like business practices in the late 19th century and early 20th century are disgusting.

3. The oil companies are much fewer, for example.
Exxon/Mobil---use to be separate companies.
Chevron/Texaco---used to be separate companies.
Phillips/66 (I think)--used to be separate compaines.

I will say that the government is also to blame for high prices by having to many regulations to build refineries.

One fella says, "buy the stock of those oil companies so you can profit too" the stock price is too high now and the dividends are poor. less then 5% for Exxon/mobil.
 

Some questions: can you factor in under the cost of crude, "$100 + a BARREL of crude" that we hear about? How many gallons inna BARREL?. 42 ?
Not disputing your figures or degrading your attempt to enlighten, only trying to learn more about this mystery of $4 gas.
 
730LP said his calculator wouldnt go that high, but i brought mine home from school this weekend. I got 444444444444.44444444444444444444 that would be they sold 444 billion gallons last year
 
Yes, fuel prices are something to worry about, but not the worst of our problems. 16 of 18 of our attackers were from Saudi. Their leader and organization was in Afganistan. We failed to seal the border with Pakistan first and let them out the "back door". We then diverted our attention/monies/armies to finish ole man Bush's mess in Iracq (sp). Drug production is higher in Afganistan than under the former taliban rulers. We have already spent over $3 Trillion on this war, ON CREDIT. Now we have enormous deficits to finance. It is simple, we have spent the next 30 years of our nations wealth on this war, while giving a $40,000 plus tax break to the top dogs. There should have been a sur-tax to finance the war. Our military is now give-out, wore-out, over-worked, many crippled and in need of future health care payments. The military equipment is worn out. To rebuild our military personnel and equipment will cost untold Billions. The financing of the Bush years war-driven debt is an ever increasing percentage of what our taxes raise each year. It is like a family using credit cards and only making the minimum payment each month. Tom
 
You state:

"1. Exxon mobil made a $41 Billion profit a year ago. I call that gouging. Plain and simple."

Appears to me, it's your reasoning that is "simple."

If I said that I believe - that YOU believe what you say - I'd be insulting your intelligence.

Many drug companies, computer software companies, and even McDonald's hambergers make more profit pe dollar.
 
I'm not upset about being outbit by anybody including an ex-autoworker. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't - no big deal to me.

My comment was directed towards those people making claims about property not selling and losing value.

The only thing about the auto industry that upsets me at all - is how they are held hostage by the Unions at present. This is one factor that gives the foreign companies an advantage.
I hate to see Ford and GM go under - but also hate to see the huge and rediculous pay packages many unskilled workers get working for those companies. And, when they lose those jobs - their lack of skills are often not marketable elsewhere - and we are supposed to feel sorry for them?

In regard to your witicisms about "altruistic" oil companies - I don't expect any corporation to care about anyone or any thing but istelf. That's the definition of a Corporation. But, they have to be cost-efficient in the long run - or they fail. Most are publically owned via stocks - ergo anyone can be a part-owner. If all they do is do is screw their customers - they usually fail.
 
gouging? based on my calculations, that profit required 2,100 BILLION dollars in sales-wholesale!
would you invest anything in a 2% annual return? If so, let me show you some FINE APPALOOSA HORSES...

bless my heart, I would sure expect to earn millions per year personally when I begin to manage a $2,100 billion dollar business

somewhere in that calculation we missed what the local seller earns...but from what I understand, it ain't much. I'm told that your typical gas station makes more off the coffee pots than they do off the gas.
 
while you are talking about smaller companies disappearing, remember when the large companies bought the smaller companies they also shut down the refineries that the small companies operated...

THEN WE HEAR NOT ENOUGH REFINERIES SO CUT THE LITTLE GUYS OUT AND JOIN TOGETHER...



MAY GOD BLESS THE USA
 
Jdemaris I don't get your point--what are you trying to say? That high prices are a good thing? That we should be like the rest of the world? Or that Exxon (oil companies) aren't making money?
BTW who runs the oil refineries? Who does the distribution and marketing? AND just exactly what are the oil companies paying for crude?

If you think the oil companies are paying commidity market prices think about it some more.
 
Total sales for Exxon mobil is about $250 billion, with 41 billion is profit
or about 15-18% profit margin.
 
You say:

"right or wrong everyone has a right to there view. That doesn't give you the right to call people names or put them down."

Yes, all are free to think what they want in parts of the free world. But I do NOT agree that all should be free to make unfounded accusations towards corporations, our president, etc. There was a time in the USA, and it still happens in other parts of the world, you could get hung or jailed for such behavior.
I made well-founded accusations - but did not target anyone by name.

I'm all for the free exchange of information and beliefs - but am not a supporter of gross ignorance.

You go on to say:

"That doesn't give you the right to call people names or put them down."

If by chance, you are referring to me - I mentioned no names of any individuals here.
If you think that you have been personally targeted, you must have a guilty conscious.

In regard to the reasons you mention as a cause of this country being out of control. I don't agree, not even close. We are out of control because of ignorance and short-sightedness. If people, in general did even a little work to get a grasp of reality, we would not be in the mess that we are in.

I've worked hard all my life also - as a garbage man, truck driver, farmer, logger, carpenter, mechanic, house builder, truck driver, etc. I do whatever works, at the time. I've never made "big money", I've raised four children with no government help, and am now on a fifth new child.
My wife and I have lived carefully, and done fine. We are poor if we compare ourselves to the affluent in this country, but we are also rich if compared to much of the world.
I will also add that I live in an area with some of the highest fuel prices in the country along with some of the coldest weather. Most people in my area have to heat their homes with fuel-oil - which adds greatly to the high fuel-costs.
 
are you saying that exxon mobil had 2.1 trillion in sales, That is not true. It is about 200 billion or so.
 
Do you know what "profit margin" means?

Seems not. Cite your sources please. Total "profit margin" for Exxon last report is 10.4%

Acutal profit per gallon of gasoline sold by Exxon is 2.5%
 
Bingo!!! Well-said and it's time it was said! I don't like the price of a gallon of gas either but how would some of these whiners like it if the government started to put the "crunch" on their businesses just because we thought they are making too much money?

And this cost of gas can be easily resolved by voting out the environmentalists who won't let us drill for our own oil, making us even more dependent on foreign oil. These people, for the most part, are called abundant nnalert.
 
Thanks for the post. Some states have even higher taxes on motor fuel. And the higher prices for home heating oil have provided a windfall for some state governments that charge sales tax on the oil. My state gets 7% tax on home heating oil, propane and natural gas. And the folks with 401K, IRA and pension funds may well be getting some of their benefits from investments in stocks such as Exxon.
 
Tell you what,I might be going back to work over the road.If I see anybody starving to death in the United States Im holding you Exxon/oil company/nnalert/apologists responsible for it.I think you need to worry less about how much corporate hogs make,and more about what it does to the people it affects.There is a saying,figures dont lie,but liars figure.Any statistic you drag up is flawed,now they paid 400 million to the CEO of Exxon,plus made the biggest profit of any company in history.Somebodys a liar,the profits probly closer to 30% than what you said,and thats after they cheated everywhere they could to beat it down.I worked for a place that made asphalt conveyers,their fiscal year ended in June,in May they loaded everything,even stuff that wasnt finished on rail cars and shipped them over a couple of states on a siding,paid their taxes and in a couple of months the train came back with a bunch of rusty iron on it that we had to finish.They dont pay taxes,they dont care about the country or you even if you do own stock.They need to be busted up like Teddy Roosevelt did.
 
That 30% profit relates to billions per quarter. So I don't think they need my tax dollar for research or exploration.
 
The common ignorance of comparison. So what if they make more profit. You have a choice of how many big macs you eat, computers you buy, and if you didn't eat all those big macs, how much medicine you need. But you don't have a choice on fuel usage or price.
 
Ok,you need to quit being a nnalert or apologizeing for them.Well fouded arguments?In your eyes.To me you are misled>Your figures could be perfect,but they are based on lies.This is going to be something worse than communism in this country if you dont shut up,and start thinking about what this is doing to the country where we live,our people,our way of life,our standing in the world.Apologize all you want but it doesnt change this fact,working people such as yourself are voting against yourself and your family if you vote for a nnalert,and sadly even a nnalert somewhat nowdays.Either make it better or you are part of the problem.All of us have heard this crap our entire lives,statistics.They mean very little and are like mythology,have little to do with the truth.Bush and the ceos of oil companys are lighting their cigars with 100 dollar bills,and serving the Saudis ice tea Texas laughing about the little people like you and devising ways to take more from you.
 
Parked my 15 MPG truck and bought a car getting 34 MPG. Now if we all did that then shouldn't gas drop from 3.00 + a gal. to 1.25 or so a gal.After all we would be conserving or resources cutting down on polution etc.etc. I just don't see it happening. They would have some excuse for jacking the price to 7.00 + a gal. because they are going to make their money no matter what we do. So it's not about conserving, it's not about nnalert/nnalert it's about the all mighty dollar. The people behind this mess don't care about me, you, this country, the future, the farmer or anything else. All I read on this site is about Walmart, Walmart, Walmart.Haven"t set foot in one in over 16 years and never will. Talk about the large companies buying up farms and renting farm land so that the little guy can"t compete what do you think Walmart has done over the years to the little guy. It's all about greed not competition.
And you should all be so proud of them for their 7.00/hr.jobs.
 
Preach it Brother John! Glad somebody isn't afraid to tell folks the truth. What you left out though,is that NAFTA gives us priority on that Canadian oil. And we have two candidates wanting to reopen NAFTA. The Canadians would LOVE to give China a chance to make an offer on that oil!
 
You say -

"Either make it better or you are part of the problem."

I think I've done just about all I can. What have you done besides whine and complain?

I own two small wetland and forest preverves - in order to do what I can to preserve some natural habitat. 100 acres in total.

I have zero debt, I don't get any government hand-outs. I make all my own electricity via a 5400 watt solar-elecrric system and 2000 watt wind.

I heat my home and barns with wood. Heat my hot water with wood and solar.

I spent years doing grunt-work, but also went to college nights when I was in my mid 40s - that I paid for out of my own pocket - and did this so I could use my degrees for a "sit-down" job, in case I ever needed one. That has not happened yet.

I will also proudly say - I've never bought a new car or truck in my life - and hopefully never will. Most of the old rigs I drive get better fuel mileage than anything new. My newest truck is a 1992 and my oldest a 1918. I even have one that runs on firewood-smoke.

My house was built in 1820 and I spent years restoring it - on my own while raising a bunch of kids.

So again - tell us what you have done.
 
NOW HOW CAN THAT BE??? YOU SAY 41 BILLION IN PROFIT ON 200 BILLION IN SALES? THAT'S A 20% RETURN- TO WHICH I WOULD SAY "BU11$H1T". I think you are off a decimal place!
 
I think you are missing what is being preached!
LOOK AT THIS- "STATE AND LOCAL" makes 5 TIMES what Exxon does on that gallon of gas.....
Federal makes 2X what Exxon does- BEFORE THEY EVEN PAY TAX ON THE INCOME...

IT'S NO DAMN WONDER THAT THE GOVERNMENT PAYS FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT- THEY HAVE A BIGGER INTEREST IN FUEL SALES THAN THE OIL COMPANIES DO!
 
(quoted from post at 19:20:41 03/01/08).... I also don't think that somehow, because I'm a US citizen, I'm entitled to something special - as compared to rest of the world.....

I beg to disagree ..... there's always a 'big dog' on the block and we happen to be it. This country is not perfect but what we've got we went out and got ..... nobody gave it to us. Sorry, but I don't feel one bit guilty ..... when the last gallon of fossil fuel is burnt I want to be the one burning it ... 8)
 
41 on 250 would be a 16.4% margin, and there just ain't no damn way...I think he is waaaaay off on sales and waaaaay off on costs.
And as for the 2.5%- you get a better return at your local bank. wouldn't we all be screwed if Big Oil said "f it" and just invested the dough, sat on their real estate, got out of the oil business and let us use our feet.
PEOPLE PAY A DOLLAR FOR A DAMNED BOTTLE OF WATER AND WANT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT FUEL!
 
as long as this country full of jacka$$es is willing to pay a dollar for a bottle of freakin' water, or even a dollar for a soda, they have no business complaining about the cost of fuel- or the cost of management, or the cost of marketing.
And as for having no choice on your use of fuel- BS. take the train, the bus, ride a bike or walk. Go back to steam trains and 4 masted sailing ships.
I am NOT employed by big oil, and increasing fuel prices have had a huge negative impact on my own business- but bless big oil's heart, a gallon of fuel is still one of the best bargains on the planet.
 
I am whineing?Im telling you that you are IGNORANT as politely as I can.You are wrong in every possible way.You will be the one whineing when your take home pay wont take you home.Its going to get bad for you,about all I have to do is try to stay alive a few more years,could go any time,maybe last a good while.If you ever would listen to somebody and not dismiss what they are telling you as whineing,You are wrong.Its like you caught the kickoff ball then ran to the wrong end of the field,I am one of your own teammates trying to tackle you and you are still running the wrong way.Corporations are too strong now and need to be busted,there is nothing left to say about it.
 
(quoted from post at 07:15:07 03/02/08)

I will say that the government is also to blame for high prices by having to many regulations to build refineries.

I disagree, it is ignorant morons that continue to vote in Liberals with the Big Government programs that cause this to happen! It is not the governments fault it is the morons that vote the politicians into office that implement these policies! Continuing to pass the buck to someone else will never solve the problem.

Just everyone remember this! For every dollar you get back for whatever Government program you support I am sure you spending/wasting at least ten that you will never get any benefit from!

Joe
 
As for what Ive done,I struggled for a long time after my dad died when I was seventeen.I went to school for a while but ended up geting a job welding.In Kansas City theres Kemper Arena I welded some of those big pipes that hold it up,theres 3 or 4 Ace hardwares that I welded the trusses for,Lots of Sears buildings,one at Independence Center in Kansas City I welded structural components in it two 35 ton beams that at at the entrance to STYX,BAER,AND Fuller,which is some other name now I welded 6 inch thick baseplates to those beams as well as structural fittings,but others did just as much as me on the night shift,day shift did about 1/3 of what night shift did.Mercantile Bank in Kc,A whole steel place in Texas somewhere I welded beam after beam and one other person on the other side,every night for 6 months or more.Do you want every little thing?Ive drove over the road about 2 million miles hauling food mostly,andrebuilt motors in a bunch of big trucks,mostly Cummins for what was about slave wages.I dont need your better than me approach.I never owned a new car either,I live in an old house that I fixed up.I just came home from church.Im a nnalert,and not a abundant,and in the NRA.
 
buickanddeere

Tell your story to the men and women who are fighting to keep that oil flowing to the U.S.

As far as wealth I have more than a lot of people in this world have. I have the love of Christ Jesus and that my friend is worth way more than Exxon will ever have.
 
that is the reason smoking will NEVER be outlawed because of the taxes goverment bodies make on tobacco.
just among lots of other things goverment makes more on the end product then the guy that made it.
then goverment hands out freebies to welfare cheats, illegal immigrants and some religous nut from a sand box in mid east. we citizens of USA take it in the shorts again.
 
Hey Big check the EXXON stock from 1995 to 2000 and look at prices of stock and splits and what profits EXXON MADE THEN AND CHECK NOW...


MAY GOD BLESS THE USA
 
Just what exactly does the Love of Jesus Christ have to do with the price of pump fuel?
The multinational force, not just the US are getting shot at.
Again, how did all that US oil end up under Arab sand?
Every American that wants to drive their gas hog ego machine on cheap fuel. Is responsible for ever dead and crippled service person in Iraq. You are trading US lives for fuel. What does Jesus think of that?
 
So you want a company that people pension funds and savings of which are Exxon shares. To be worth nothing?
Exxon doesn't make a high % per gallon of fuel. What to cut their profits? Purchase fuel for a VW diesel car rather than that 4X4 pickup and reduce the gallonage Exxon sells.
You find and do everything possible to reduce your taxes. You expect everybody else not to?
Do you have a problem with the fact you have worked all your life and have little to show for it. Yet somehow others don't seem to have worked as hard are sitting on plenty of cash?
Work smarter, not harder. You are not going to dig and find gold in a horse stable no matter how hard you try or for how long.
 
Trucker40
You have no facts and are rambling. I suggest you listen to jdemaris. jd and I may butted heads at times or have a miss-understanding. But I have to respect and agree with the guy.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top