Gallon v Gallon

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
What are the quantities in a US gallon.My Tractor book is printed in US and I am all at sea regarding quantities because of their variation with UK.

Pints, ounces in pint etc...Thanks in advance..Ian.
 

1 US gallon=4 quarts (128 ounces)

1 quart=2 pints

1 pint= 16 ounces (2 cups)

2 gallons= 1 peck (old farm measure)

4 pecks= 1bushel ( I think!)
 
Ever wonder why scientists and those people who work with stuff that can't afford mistakes (such as NASA,hospitals, etc) use the METRIC system? The reason is simple .... it's a simple system with very little or no room for error. This pint, cups, ounces (fluid and dry weight) system is archaic, backwards, and confusing. Granted we all grew up with it and it seems OK but even us oldtimers get confused at times (as in the original post above).
 
Ian: A US gallon is 80% of an Imperial gallon. Litre is very close to a US quart. My tractor calls for 5 US quarts with a filter change. Here in Canada we now get oil in Litres or 4 Litre jugs. When I change the oil, if I use 5 litres, it will be very close to using 5 US quarts.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top