Gar's Auction is going on ....

  • Thread starter Thread starter mj
  • Start date Start date
(quoted from post at 11:22:08 04/02/08) I couldn't make it to the auction but have been watching online at : http://broadcast.kruse.com/event.php?MID=26&auctionid=29&cbid=1 I wish I had gone over there years ago and taken a bunch of photos! :oops:

Boy .... I really messed the poll up on that one! :oops: So, maybe y'all could just give us your experience with this auction: Did you attend? Did you bid online? How were the prices? Etc.

PS: Kim- Us [i:3eb9eb867a]old, non-expert, memory-challenged types[/i:3eb9eb867a] [b:3eb9eb867a]REALLY[/b:3eb9eb867a] need the [b:3eb9eb867a]'Edit'[/b:3eb9eb867a] feature ..... how about it?
 
Have been trying to watch online but coverage seems sporadic.Anybody else having a problem getting continuous viewing?
 
Yeah, I'm just looking through the inventory right now ..... maybe I'll find something that I can't 'live without' :D
 
Looks like all the naysayers about the auction were wrong.The items I watched sell seemed to sell pretty good.How large of a crowd onsite have they had?Would have been worth the cost of admission just to look around plus I know I could have bought a load to take home.
 
From what I have seen so far, yes there have been a few deals, but for the most part stuff is going pretty dear. Remember you have to add 15-20% to each bid.

I was amazed at the prices of a few things, in particular an old cast iron tractor seat in pretty rough condition with no markings. I have passed on many of these in better condition for $40 or less. It sold for $300 (so really $345)!
 
I was there on Tuesday. Registration was easy and they were very organized and ready for a big crowd. Ring A started 45 minutes late had maybe 50 people. 95% of the items sold for scrap iron to about 6 different bidders. I was trying to by a swather cab and finally got one at at 7:30. They still had 200 items to go. Loading was quick and free. Ring B was fuller with all the collectables
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top