Gary's Implement auctioned

Antony Higgs

New User
I saw this on A.T.H.S
Go to, to see photo a field of tractors
American Truck Historical Society - Forums - Photo Gallery - Gary's Implement Truck & Tractor Auction.

Photo's at Gary's Implement, Inc. in Bridgeport, NE. I saw a few grain trucks in the upper lot, so I asked if they had any antiques. They sent me to the back lot where they were arranging everything in rows. I took some pics of trucks and tractors (a lot of JD)to be off in June 08. Not sure of exact date. Much more than you can see in the pics. From what I was told, Gary past away and I think this stuff was his personal collection. Nothing restored that I saw. Maybe some of you will save a few. I hate to see what happens to the ones that don't sell.

Does anyone have more info
Untitled URL Link
 
There has been much discussion on this site about the way the auction is being handled, but very little about the items itself. Looks to be a pretty neat 7 day auction. The link below is for the site. They have pictures of most items.
Auction
 
Jim
I think it is as said and I600 or 650. They still had some of them in use in Philipines when I was stattioned there. They towed mostly ground support equipment with them.
 
Along that note - there is a place in Paris, Tx. that has about a 5 acre field of old tractors and very old farm equipment just rusting away. The old guy will let you look, but won't sell anything, just lets it sit there and rust. Saw a jd with original front round spokes sunken down in the dirt just rusting away. What a waste!
 
I clicked on the link and what I saw was pretty interesting. I don't plan on going but it was fun to browse.

Found a couple of Deere's with serials that are darned close to a couple of mine - a 35 A and a 54 R.

Didn't see hardly any syled A and B Deere's. Didn't he have an interest in them? Maybe they're there but not listed. Jim
 
I have boycotted this auction as well, due to several reasons. The less than favorable reputation of Kruse, the legal troubles involving Gary's Implement, and the underhanded dealings by both Kruse and Mrs. Phillips in breaking her contract with Aumanns. Alright, I have probably posted this half a dozen times before, but here is the list of fees/taxes/restrictions charged by Kruse:

If you read the fine print in their "auction terms" section and the section linked through the auction page itself, you will discover: Kruse is charging for parking, $10 to get into the auction, making you pay for a bidder number, if you wish to pay with cash you must hand them a $500 deposit before bidding even begins, charging a 10% buyers premium on vehicles and 15% on parts and literature, plus a 7% sales tax.

When bidding, figure on adding 20%+ to your bid in order to cover the fees and taxes. Oh yeah and if you don't remove your purchases within 24 hours, they will nail you for handling and storage fees. Since the sale is 7 days long, this means you will have to remove your purchases as the auction is still commencing. Also remember that Nebraska in April will be a muddy mess, and hundreds of trucks, trailers, and people are not going to make it any faster or easier to remove items!

I have heard from several sources that if you buy a tractor or vehicle and need help loading they will also charge you a fee to make a loading appointment, and then charge you again for the actual loading itself.
 
Kruse auctions-I recommend looking them up on Google, at least once a day, as google charges per click! This looks bogus. With that 10 % fee, they don't need to charge you for parking! If you want to go to an honest auction, in the mid atlantic area, try Nevin Tasto's in Manchester on good friday (March 21, I think) or any of Sam Walters' auctions over in De. An auctioneer is a paid agent of the seller, not the buyer! It kinda brings to mind a lady of the evening who charges coming and going! Auctioneers Who charge a buyers fee are no better than politicians!
 
I was planning on driving 1200+ miles to attend when Aumanns had the auction...no way that is happening now that Kruse has taken the helm.
 
Any auction that charges a buyer's premium don't need my dollar.

Any outfit that charges parking and gate like it's a county fair is one I am going to drive a large circle around!!!!!

I was going to try to take vacation and go but now I wouldn't go if it was next door on a day off.

Dave
 
(quoted from post at 19:26:59 02/20/08) I saw this on A.T.H.S

Thanks for the info .......... I didn't see anything that I want (read: NEED!) except this:
PA310349.JPG


and this:
PA310346.JPG


and.........
PA310345.JPG


Other than that ......... :roll:
 
In Kruases photos there are a few things i could use but has any one looked at the pitchers from altmans take inventory in those photos. there's alot of stuff missing.I have looked at all of this and decided why should I drive 800 miles to a auction that a lot of the good stuff is already gone,or picked over there are alot of ??? on what is happening and i think it would be in the best interest of kruse to explain openly on auction posting. when does it really have to be moved 2800 tractors and mud???1000,s people in the why,alagistics night mire. I might not be the bightist bulb on the tree but up here in MN we dint ask why not to plant corn in Jan. Kruse used there standard terms on the sale bill right to the point that in the fine print it says 8% premeium on all vehicles. what else is different?? Idont think kruse has a clue?This is a one horse town that will be invaded with people from all over. Maybe they should stick to selling those high priced cars in vegas and leave the tractors& the shall town to people like us?? Definitely need more in put from kruse and not in the form letter type or i will save alot of diesilfuel that week!!!!!
 
I thank you all for the info, I was thinking of going there but after reading your response I think I will not. curently restoring 3, 1919 fordson's.
Once again thank you all.
Antony
 
I am with cowman. I grew up 30 miles from this auction site and spent many days just wandering through Garys junk. I always enjoyed that and was looking forward to the auction when it was posted by Aumann auctions. Now that Kruse has it and has put all of there fees and regulations on it I have no desire to attend. Most people in western Nebraska do not do business the way that Kruse does business. Just my 2 cents worth.

P.S. If anyone does attend my grandmother runs Als Cafe in Melbeta Nebraska( about 30 miles west). She is 90 years old and makes great food.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top