I think my to30 motor doesnt like 10% ethanel my garden tractor run like crap on it also, does anyone else have this problem? also what kind of gas are the rest of you guys running in you old fergys?
 
I run 89 octane and put one 16 ounce can of Sea Foam in when I fill it up. Are you sure it is the fuel and not needing a minor adjustment?
 
I was hoping for the gas being the problem ,I am going to try what you do and see if it helps me, I think I could use some new wires I notice in the dark the other night a spark comeing from one of the boot to the distribitor
 
we use all 10% e in everything we have not notice any difference in the running of anything. i think a lot of it is just plain thinking that is is no good. we have 30+ gas engines and all run just fine and i see no difference in power or any other kinds of trouble.all my old tractors [7] start and run fine lawn eq. all run fine chainsaws and snowmobiles ,motorcycles, cars and pickups all run the same
 
there is lot of info on ethanol on the web. i have firsthand knowledge of what it does to fuel systems of older vehicles and engines. i have a 1986 atv that would require the carb to be cleaned every third time i rode it. finally after some reading on the web i learned what was happening. ethanol attacks plastic,rubber,and fiberglass.it was dissolving my plastic gas tank and other pieces of my fuel system. i bought a chinese atv gas tank off ebay and ran new fuel lines and now it runs fine. i also add lucas fuel additive. it is one of many additives that will protect your system from ethanol. wait till they give us 15 percent ethanol. read up and you may be surprised. everything fuel system wise has to be ethanol resistant now.running any conventional fuel system additives that contains alcohol will compound your problems.http://www.fuel-testers.com/fuel_additives_gas_treatments.html
http://www.fuel-testers.com/e10_bad_gas_reports.html
 
my local mom and pop station still has gas without ethanol.

I use this gas in my tractor and small engines.
I also add seaform to the tank of all my equipment as it seams to help keep the fuel systems clean.
 
When they tried this alcohol crap in the early 1980's , thay used methonol . That created a lot of problems with carb. floats , fuel lines , rubber and plastic parts . Now they use ethonol . Not as much of a problem .
Problem is , you aren't getting the fuel that you pay dearly for .Alcohol has about half the BTU's of gasoline . Your fuel economy will decrease as they put more alcohol in . Another @#$% up by the idiots that are making the decisions in this country .
We have coal and nuclear to make electricity with ,until the end of time , and they push using natural gas to make electricity with . What a waste of a commoditty that is better suited to residential uses such as heat , and cooking .
They want to waste grain to make fuel with when we have large untapped reserves of oil . Use the grain for food .
Gasohol won't hurt anything but your wallet .
Happy New Year .
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top