Gehl 1875TDC baler

I don't mean to sound totally stupid with my question..lol..but I bought a used Gehl baler and appears to be in excellant condition other than the two wheels that skirt the front to direct your windrows... They need to be replaced but I don't have a clue what they are called... They are the round hard rubber thing with lots of fingers on them... Sorry I'm a country girl but have never owned a baler before.. always operated the rake for my dad :)
 
I've got one just like it. I call them crowder wheels. Dealer does too,so if you tell them that,they'll know what you mean. Is there a manual in the right side twine box? There is a slot to store it in the lid. That would tell you if what I call them is wrong.
 
My husband thought they might be called gathering wheels but we couldn't find anything when we ran a search for gathering wheels.

Thanks So Much
 
My husband said do you have to order these from Gehl parts or do they make universal ones that will fit? How long have you had your baler and he said have you been satisfied with it?

Thanks Again
 
I don't know of any place you could get them except a Gehl dealer. I bought mine new in 1997. I bale about 1200 bales a year. Pretty decent baler,but to tell the truth,I liked the 1250 that I traded for it better. The 1250 didn't have a computer. It was easier to lube,just simpler all the way around. The only advantage to the 1875 is that it has a roller in the bottom instead of a table belt. Another name for those wheels,if they don't call them "crowder wheels" might be "converging wheels". I haven't wandered out to the shed to look in the manual.
 
Gehl dealer priced em to me for more than $400 each last year. I decided the wheels with all the fingers broken off still did a satisfactory job for that kind of money.
 
try EX_Cel belting ...http://www.excelbelting.com/ecommerce/control/category/~category_id=GATHERING-WHEELS;jsessionid=0F095213E8F5EA1E2ECB3327CCBB450F.jvm1



MAY GOD BLESS THE USA
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top