Gelled/Jelled Diesel - Will It Be A Problem?

If the diesel fuel has gelled/jelled (dunno which way to spell that word) and the engine has started and used up the immediately available fuel at the diesel pump, will it be a problem such as the problem when one runs a diesel engine out of fuel? kelly

You should plan on changing the fuel filter, it is likely plugged with wax from the fuel.

If you need to run it before it warms up use Power Service 911 per the directions. I am guessing you don't have winter blend. I would dump K1 into the fuel tank at about 1 gallon of K1 to every 3 gallons of diesel in the tank to cut the fuel.

This post was edited by Jim.ME on 12/23/2022 at 10:23 am.

Once u get it warmed up you will need to bleed the system. U could wrap a tarp around the engine and cover the grill to keep more heat in. Plus add some Howes Deisel treatment.

Once you get it thawed out with your torpedo heater and tarp You're probably going to have to bleed the system. What I would personally do is make sure you have a fresh fuel filter in it and then put some Power Serve or Howie's diesel anti-gel in it. Since you're in Texas and if you can't find any of that readily you can always cut it with some kerosene. I would do 80/20 or 70/30 diesel kerosene mix. Make sure you run it awhile to get the fuel mix all the way through the fuel system.

After seeing your other post where you gave a temperature, I lean more to the icing problem, than gelling, as well. I would still say filter change, use a dose of 911, and cut the fuel. Using Howes or Power Service conditioner (white container) on a regular basis is not a bad thing. When was your fuel filter(s) last changed?

Change the filter and fill it with Howles(the filter) when it starts keep it running at about 1200 rpm. Diesel starts to wax at 32 deg I started treating my truck fuel the first of November. Power Service 911 in the tank to start.

Yes probably maybe, you starved the line of fuel some will go again when it warms, some will need priming.

I just gelled my tractor, I took it out of the shed, cold shed, without allowing it to warm up. The winds took away any heat and it stumbled to a stop.

I got a 2 gallon bucket of hot water from the house, poured it slowly on the filter, and got it restarted and limped back into the shed. So I should be fine when it warms up again.

Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back