Gleaner E Corn Head

I think it does. I have an EIII 240 on my E and it has a taller throat by an inch or two but the latches still line up fine. I think that was the only difference. It's been a while since I've used it but I did have to remove a pulley and shaft assemble from the EIII head that I didn't have to deal with when removing Dad's E240 from his E. Used it for years and I think the K head is the same unless you have the newer style quick attach.
 
It does in a way. First you have to convert it to a belt drive instead of a chain drive. 2nd) the throat is 1 inch taller than the "E". 3rd) the "E" feeder beater is driven from the head and not the combine so that needs to be adressed. 4th) is the head you are getting quicktach? if so the "E" needs to be retro fitted with the QT hardware. 5th) the corn head takes a different belt than the platform. I have just finished converting a KL 238 2RW corn head to work on my model "E" combine. I can send photos if intereasted.
 
Are you the one I sent pictures to of the AC drive adaptor on an A238(black) corn head? If so how'd you make out? Did you fabricate it or find one available?
 
Yes I'am. I got a belt drive from a fellow YT'er. It was a PITA to adapt the K 2RW to drive from the "E". I will probabally redesign my system next summer, and make it more like the way the 2E head ran off the "E" combine.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top