Good Day In The Office

Adirondack case guy

I headed up to the farm after lunch and fueled the 7220 Magnum and headed for the upper corn fields. Today went real well on this nearly mile long field. I have the vari-width maxed out a 22" per bottom and moving along nice at 4.6mph average. The weather was brisk, 36F max at 1:20pm today but there was a decent amount of sunshine and the cab heater works very well. It takes a while to work of lands on this field, but very little time lost on headlands. I finished off this field by dark, and will be headed for another one tomorrow. I guess my fan club of seagulls couldn't take the cold any longer, but the crows are still around.
cvphoto64314.jpg

cvphoto64315.jpg

cvphoto64316.jpg

cvphoto64317.jpg

cvphoto64318.jpg

cvphoto64320.jpg

cvphoto64321.jpg

cvphoto64322.jpg

cvphoto64323.jpg

cvphoto64324.jpg

That's doing a nice job,for that big of a bottom's, and no cover boards,just curious you ever tried plowing stalks without discking first ? My i8 inch would plug!!!

Those stalks have not been disced. Just ran the batwing over them to shred the stalks so they will decompose quicker. The plow has coverboards and disc jointer colters. I have no problems plowing stalks under rite behind the combine, but as said the shredded stalks rot down much faster, and the field cultivator doesn't pull up whole stalks during spring tillage. I have never had problems with my CASE 5x18 plow plugging in corn stalks either. Wet bean stalks are worse about plugging than corn stalks.---------------Loren

cvphoto64336.jpg

cvphoto64337.jpg

I have been working for the big company for 5 months now since I sold my company. I had enough today, wanted to retire, so gonna take the next week snd half on PTO and do some farm work.

A man that knows how to set his plow. Can't tell one pass from the next the way it should be. Looks like the ground is just right moisture for plowing. Crumbles well.

Nice Job Bro she is doing a top hand job,, like you we sold a lot of plows and when the White/CASE plows came they to sold big time here,, we stocked both 400 and 500 models,, I also remember setting up new 600 roll over plow on a new 1412, as far I can think back that was the only roll over sold,, sure wish i had that setup today, it was a impressive plowing unit,, I now see why I have not been able to catch you on the phone lol
cnt

Mile long. That's a long ways to go. Reminds me as a 12 year old I was asked to spring tooth this field north and south. South wind just had me riding in a dirt cloud half the time. Got smart, I thought anyways, and started going east and west so I didn't eat any dirt. Come lunch time did I get a but chewing. Turns out east/west was up and down hill and the whole idea was to go sideways to help control erosion. So I spent the rest of the day eating dirt half the time.

Larry, now that the ACG has two plows you can go up and join him. Maybe he'll let you drive his 930 pulling his 5 bottom plow while he goes with the 6 bottom. You'll get to drive a real tractor that way :) Haha.

I was trying to think of that model, we did always order one of those on the yearly order program, we just did not sell many 970/1070 with plows by then, 1370,2470 was the plowing units here mainly,,

how you control the wind erosion, do not dare do a field that bare anymore in my territory, cornstalks are notilled in spring with soybeans,way to much erosion when i used to do that way. you must not have any conservation plan on that farm, just the way it used to be in my location plow is pretty much scrap metal now

Lots of woodlands and hedgerows around here. The wind doesn't get much of a start before it runs into a natural wall. We also have snow covering the fields by the end of November.----------------Loren

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back