Got my Cubs running

Charlie M

I've had a hard time starting my 47 Cub all summer. Acted like it wanted to start but didn't. What was confusing to me was if it started it ran great. Finally got serious about it this week. Soon found out I could crank the tractor all day and after removing a spark plug it wasn't wet. I decided to take the carb off and have a look. It was a new carb last year and when I got it apart it looked pretty clean inside. I decided to soak it in solvent and made sure everything was clean and open. Put it back on the tractor and it started right up each time I tried it today. My other Cub is a 184 I use for mowing and it wouldn't start. No spark. I tried to file the points as they were badly pitted but gave up and put in a new set. That tractor started right up also. Was a good day in the world of Cubs. I've got a few issues other tractors before putting them away for the winter but at least they run so not too big a deal on any of them. I don't like putting a tractor up for winter that isn't ready to use next spring.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back