Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
i have heard that you can put a differant spring in a e gleaner govener. could someone explain? what kind of spring, how is it benificial, do you need other engine altercations for it to be help full. thank for any input.
 
The E gleanor spring will give you around 2000 rpms but it does not have the slugg in the center to assist in closing the carburator like the tractor spring do. the 175 spring does and will give you the rpms of the gleanor spring but they are pricey. A leroi spring on the allis gov will give you 3000 governed rpms.
 
I have a 175 spring on my D-17 226 and get almost 2200 rpm----so are you saying if I put a lerio spring on there I can turn more rpm if it will?
 
(quoted from post at 18:35:36 07/24/11) I have a 175 spring on my D-17 226 and get almost 2200 rpm----so are you saying if I put a lerio spring on there I can turn more rpm if it will?
If the carburator or valve springs isnt limiting it . A leroi spring will turn 3000 rpm with the allis wc governer weights.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top