Gray black smoke around top engine.

You don't have to separate anything. Remove the four nuts that hold the round plate on the right side where the dip stick is. Remove the parking break bracket and the rear running board bracket and then the round cover. You may need a mirror to look up toward the cylinder area.
You really should obtain a copy of the I&T FO-19 shop manual. They are available on this site as well as others.
 
Thank you does that mean the rear end will need to be separate front half of Tractor to fix. Is this something a shop need to repair? Thank you for you advise

Old jubilee
No none of this should require any splitting of the tractor, even if a repair is needed. I am more familiar with an N series so I wasn't sure about a Jubilee having an inspection cover. That is all you'll need to remove to see what the problem is. You remove the cover and you can see the internals of the hydraulics. Do not stick your hand in there with the tractor running. Place an implement on the lift and hoist it to the top and shut the tractor off. Then look and see where you see any movement or leakage of fluid from. If it's dripping from the top it's most likely the cylinder needs resealing. If the fluid in the sump shows movement it's possibly the pressure relief valve. If it's the cylinder the top cover would need to be removed.
 
Hi Jim and Eman85

How do you reseal it. I sorry for asking so many questions please explain what do I need to seal it with or is this something a shop need to repair . An is this expensive project ? I am willing to try anything Again I thank you both for your knowledge


Old Jubilee
 
Hi Jim and Eman85

How do you reseal it. I sorry for asking so many questions please explain what do I need to seal it with or is this something a shop need to repair . An is this expensive project ? I am willing to try anything Again I thank you both for your knowledge


Old Jubilee
It depends on exactly what is leaking. So far you haven't taken the round plate off to inspect things to see what is leaking. The Service Manual covers how to replace all of the o-rings and seals that are under the lift cover, and if you are taking the cover off, I recommend replacing them all, as well as replacing any worn parts, like possibly the cam follower pin, and then follow the procedures for adjusting the internal linkages. If you do all of that then you won't need to remove the lift cover again for a good long time. The majority of folks on here do that kind of work themselves. If you do not feel confident in doing that yourself, then you would need to pay someone to do it for you. Or if you are lucky, you might have a mechanically inclined friend that you can ask to help you.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top