Great Bend M30 Loader on an IMT 539 De Luxe

uduffus1

New User
Have a Great Bend M30 loader on an IMT 539 De Luxe. The selector on top on the hydraulic pump has failed and I cannot find a replacement. I have contacted Bush Hog (who bought Great Bend) and they have no information on the M30 (too old I guess.)
The selector says "Made in USA" and is different in appearance from the 'Transfer Cap' that was on the tractor before the loader was installed. The three-point raises and lowers but the loader is dead. I removed the hydraulic line from the selector and no hydraulic fluid is coming out when the tractor is started and the selector switched to the loader side. Removed the selector and blew through it and there do not seem to be any blockages. Don't see any way to dismantle the selector to even attempt to rebuild it
Any ideas anyone?

I live in Great Bend. I am very familiar with the GB loaders. I have never heard of a M30 loader unless it was made for a tractor
manufacturer and that is the part number of theirs's they put on it. I guess my question is, what makes you think it is a GB loader? If I
remember correctly, they put a tag on the inside of the left pedestal with the model and serial number. I have talked to and sent a lot of
people to Bush Hog's parts house. Their number is 334-874-2700. They are in Alabama somewhere. I don't know where you called, so you might
try that number. If nothing else, post a picture of it on here. You will be amazed at what the people on here can tell you.

mvphoto88564.jpg

mvphoto88565.jpg

mvphoto88566.jpg

mvphoto88567.jpg

This post was edited by uduffus1 on 02/28/2022 at 01:18 pm.

Any chance a new selector valve would work?

Imitation Massey Tractor might use parts common the the real thing.

I purchased the operators, parts and shop/service manuals and there is no selector switch shown, only a cover. As this is a Yugoslavian tractor and this switch is made in the US, my guess is that it came with the loader kit. Bush Hog (who purchased Great Bend) sent me all of the parts lists and exploded view diagrams they had but none were for this M 30. I'm stumped. I've got a decent tractor with a useless loader attached to the front of it and I need both the tractor [i:fde37a5d53]AND[/i:fde37a5d53] the loader.[/i]

Found an article that says this IMT 539 is from a Massey Ferguson 135 design. Have been looking for a diverter valve for the MF.

I did see that diverter valve but if the picture is of the actual part then the bolt pattern is wrong. Darn it!!

IF the selector is passing air when its selected for the loader then the selector is not your problem.

Does the other function that the selector controls work? If not, or you have no way to test it, then it is likely a problem with the hydraulic system on your tractor. Is it out of oil? The pump may be bad.

Also this part bolts to the tractor? If so it's part of the TRACTOR not the loader. Asking Great Bend would be a colossal waste of time even if the tractor was new.

The diverter valve does bolt to the tractor but it replaced a 'cap' that came with the tractor. There was no need for a diverter valve before the loader was installed as just the 3-point was operated by the hyd stemming from the original cap. The 3-point operates like a champ as does the steering (which is hyd as well.) The only issue seems to be the loader. When I removed the line to the loader controls, started the tractor, and opened the diverter valve, no hyd fluid came out of the line at all.
The level of hyd fluid is completely full.

I sure appreciate everyone's help. Thanx a lot!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back