Green tractor number 3

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Well, may have bit off more than I can chew this time. Have to move a few around in the barn for this one.
Went over to a friends place last night. Good friend in bad shape health wise. His eyes are going bad real fast.
He had what I would call a low hour 2955 with a loader he said he wanted me to have. He did not have the heart to sell it to someone and have it get beat up. Thing only has 1300 hours on it.
I told him I did not have the money to buy such a big (to me) rig.
Anyway, we agreed on a price and I will help him keep his cattle fed for as long as he has them. He really needs the money for medical things.
Left the truck there and drove the tractor home.
I had to move a few around to get it inside.I could have swore that green 50 was trying to get up next to it as I closed the door.
Wondered as I walked to the house what the heck have I done.
 
Any deal is a fair deal if you both feel it was the right thing to do. Believe I'd become his unpaid farm hand for the duration, if I were you.
 
I concur. This is a win-win situation. Not only did you give him peace of mind regarding a tractor that he cared about, but you have given him the additional peace of mind that his cattle will be taken care of and you got a good tractor.
 
You will no doubt make an older gentleman's last years worth a whole lot more to him than any money would be. Knowing his well taken care of, pride and joy tractor is still in the same condition, and that his animals will be well fed even if he isn't feeling up to it on a given day will be something that money couldn't buy for him.
You know, I respect the old timers more and more every day. If I could have one wish granted, and ask for my grandfather to still be alive. He died at 67 while doing what he loved, farming. I know own the farm and all his equipment, but it's not the same without him here. 15 years, and not any easier to deal with.
 
Them old boys been around fer awhile and sure can tell some stories worth listening to.I realized a long time ago the more i kept my mouth shut and listened the more I learned.To this day a wise decision. Hoss
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top