Gummy bears anyone

tomstractorsandtoys

Does anyone want some gummy bears? Helping family in MD and this morning they got a tractor trailer load of gummies for Cow feed.
cvphoto155336.jpg

cvphoto155337.jpg

cvphoto155338.jpg

While not true for a pig or chicken. A cow doesnt care what source the feed comes from as long as you provide them with the proper balance of sugar fat and energy.

Farmers can see distillery by products as feed because they can relate that back to corn. But corn syrup was once corn also. Even chocolate works in the right proportion

Back in the early to mid 2000's my wife at the time was a lunch lady at the high school. Because leftovers couldn't be served she would bring home several 5 gallon pails of food that wasnt fed that day. My cattle got a steady diet of pizza, cheeseburgers, sub sandwiches, burritos, chicken patties, french fries, various veggies, fruits, whole loafs of bread, bags of lettuce and the list goes on. I always hated summer recess because i knew my feed bill was going up.

Neighbor across the road is feeding about 1000 of cattle to fat.
He gets 2-3, 2-ton farm trucks a week of the bread oops from the local
Franz bakery. He has it figured right into his rations.
Beats hauling it to the dump!!!

I got a few totes of that stuff about 20 years ago. The cows loved it, but all the local bees showed up in my feeding area, and made feeding unpleasant until it was gone!

We were putting a service in a building at a large pork farm. Building was big enough to turn a semi around inside. It had all sorts of food stuffs from pies to pasteries, nuts, candy you name it. In another room they had a gutted IH axial combine that they fed cartons of milk, ice cream, yogurt, cheese, canned goods all ground through there and separated mixed with ground corn and soy and fed as a liquid feed. I think they had probably 20 barns at the time. When the pumps started you could the hogs going wild, they loved the gruel.

I remember the TastyCake truck coming in twice a week to drop off out of date or damaged items. Ran them thru the dry cows and dry heifers. Didn't have to take them out of packaging just run them thru the mix wagon. I don't remember feeding them to the cows that we were milking. But everything else ate them including us, sure did like those eclair TastyCakes.

A friend gave me a large bag of them all wrapped in Christmas wrap. I put them under the tree not knowing what they were, my Bloodhound found them and had a great time snacking on them. She was sick for 2 days tossing up red syrup and drinking gallons of water.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back