H3 crawler steering clutch

john gerike

New User
I have steering clutch rebuilt and am not able to get assembly dropped into place wirh out pushing the shaft into the diff so far that i cant get ahold to pull it back out. Is there a trick for this.

Solution
Hello John, welcome to YT! I would recommend posting this on the Allis Chalmers forum in the Manufacturers section. You can either use the “Contact Us” below in the red and ask the moderators to move your post there. Or you can post this again there. Sometimes moving it saves confusion when replies come into both posts. I know there is a member there who posts as Dr Allies, he is very knowledgeable on Allis tractors hopefully he knows about crawlers as well. He basically post nowhere else but there.
Hello John, welcome to YT! I would recommend posting this on the Allis Chalmers forum in the Manufacturers section. You can either use the “Contact Us” below in the red and ask the moderators to move your post there. Or you can post this again there. Sometimes moving it saves confusion when replies come into both posts. I know there is a member there who posts as Dr Allies, he is very knowledgeable on Allis tractors hopefully he knows about crawlers as well. He basically post nowhere else but there.

Upvote 0
Solution
I have steering clutch rebuilt and am not able to get assembly dropped into place wirh out pushing the shaft into the diff so far that i cant get ahold to pull it back out. Is there a trick for this.
bend a narrow wire hoop, lay it on the axle shaft across the retainer clip locking hole before pushing the axle into the diff. then bent wire up out of your way,install steering cluth.reach into housing with long screw driver,hook the wire sliding the axle out.when the wire is free you will be able to use the retaining clip bores to finish sliding the axle into place. just do not forget to install the retaining clip onto the clutch before lowering it into the housing or you will have to start all over again

Upvote 0
bend a narrow wire hoop, lay it on the axle shaft across the retainer clip locking hole before pushing the axle into the diff. then bent wire up out of your way,install steering cluth.reach into housing with long screw driver,hook the wire sliding the axle out.when the wire is free you will be able to use the retaining clip bores to finish sliding the axle into place. just do not forget to install the retaining clip onto the clutch before lowering it into the housing or you will have to start all over again
Thanks,ill try that next time. I finnally got it out with a telescoping magnet bent at the very end to 90 degrees. Tried several magnets till i found one strong enough.

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back