Had an uplifting experiance.

On the 28th of March, I had posted about me having a nervous breakdown. I would like to take this time to thank everyone how sent me a reply, with your prayers, support, and encuragement. That really ment alo. I am on a waiting list to see a councler. I saw my Doctor today and he put me on Wellbutrin, as well as Effexor which I have been on for quit awhile. I have workers advisors working on my case for almost 2 years now. My Doctor has placed me on permant disibility from work.
I have trid to cut some fire wood, which I always enjoy, and taking my time, and quiting when my body tels me too. I use the front end loader to lift up the tree for comfortable cutting. For splitting I use a wood splitter which I built a few years ago, besause I can't swing the axe like I used to. I pile the blocks of fire wood on the bucket, and then dump the wood into my wood spreader. It is an old manure spreader, with the beaters removed. The apron works real good yet for unloading. I have lots of help for this to.
Thanks again for your encouragement, and yuou prayers.
Bruce.
 
Bruce, there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I was on Paxcil and Xanax for awhile and with faith in the Lord and time, I am back to normal. I've been off the meds for about 5 years and at this point I see no reason to go back.... However, at the time, it literally saved my life.
I wake up looking forward to every day now and thank God I'm alive.

Hang in there; it WILL get better.

God bless,
Chuck
 
Please don't take any offence but what is "normal"? We all have some things a little out of place or a little off. Many people have been and are doing very well taking simple medications. Nothing wrong with it if it helps. No shame taking meds either. I think a lot more people should be taking something but are worried about what others think of them taking meds. I don't agree with Dr's. just prescribing pills though because they don't know how to help you. If they help, take them. Dave
 
Good to hear you"re better. Yesterday was not a good day for me and I needed a lift. Trust in God and do as He leads. Lots of good Christian doctors out there. Remember, Luke was a physician. Other folks always put they"re 2 cents in, but they"re not you. Make up your own mind about what you need to do, then do it.
 
Of course you're right, and I didn't mean anything negative regarding the word "normal". Taking meds for depression is no different than taking them for say, diabetes. If they're needed, take them.
 
I have always wondered what is the definition of a nervous breakdown. I dont think I have ever had one, although I have had some very stressful times in the past.
Fill me in.......
 
My wife went through a tough spell last year and had to quit her job and talk some pretty in depth counciling. 6 months later she feels much better, getting better at being in public places and controlling negative thinking. Its a long road but there is hope. Medicine can help a lot of the problems but its good you're getting to talk to someone too, I think they go hand in hand.
 
Sounds like you're on the right track: seeing Professionals. Over the long run, it might be helpful to just take a look at like morning tv shows, like NBC, CBS, etc. that talk about how to take care of the mind/body, etc. There's a lot of essentially free advice there: healthy foods, how to sleep well, what things to avoid, etc. Then there are lots of books in public libraries one can look at, re health, etc. Obviously the computer may be useful, for looking up health topics. I wish you well; lots of people are still learning to how to live.
 
Bruce,best of everything to ya. Make sure the Lord is on your side and he will take you through anything. I tried 5 times to email you but maybe something about crossing the border, my email don't go. Have had problems before. Have friend on Wellbutrin, doing well with it. I only tried nnalert and decided not to take anything.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top