Have you noticed

Don c

Member
Live in Western PA and have noticed the pass couple weeks that the sun is starting to have a little bit of warmth to it, even though it's still been in teens and 20s, sure feels good Anyone else feel it. Don c
 
Just mentioned that to the wife this morning. Said "Smells like spring this morning, doncha think?" Western NY
 
A very nice day here in NW Iowa yestewrday. Got up around 32 to 34 , and I made the very same comment. "Boy there is some power in that sun today". The trouble is, they're talking another storm tonight and tomorrow. Freezing rain turning to snow with significant amounts of snow possible.
 
Ummmmm...What sun? Here in NW Arkansas it has been gloomy and foggy and rainy for I don't know how long. The weather guessers are looking for temps to be near 50° today, but the sun hasn't shown it's face as of yet (08:30 A.M.) Spring will be on us soon.
 
Flocks of Robins have been here in MD. They're
taking baths in our bird bath, we have it heated.
Daylight Savings time starts in 2 weeks. I have started a few pepper & tomato plants. Hal
 
Felt the warmth of the sun last week.Felt really nice.Spring is almost here.Next it will be syruping season.I help a large sugar house running their evaporator.It's a real blast and brings up memories of my youth.Blue skies in CT and bright sunshine.
Vito
 
Temps in the 80s today. Just walked the fruit trees...peaches the size of the end of my lttle finger, plums blossomed out, apples starting to form. Beautiful sunny day already. I'll have to mow grass today. Time to turn the garden.
 
Yesterday was one of the first days that "felt" like spring here- worked in shirtsleeves ("pickin' sticks"- on land that I'm clearing). Also dry enough to use the bulldozer a little, although ideally, should be a little dryer.
 
Got about 3 inches of snow late last night. shesssssssssss some melting this morning. But still had to use 4x4 to get around the back road here. In Missouri
 
mid-Tenn. Daffodils been blooming for a week. Killed first mosquitoes & wasps last week.
 
Well Don, we break spring about 2 to 4wks ahead of the Eastern US. Were getting another strom tonight and were cool for this time of the year. I'd say spring will probably be late this year for you guys.

I have a seen a few years, very few, that it's like what it is now in AZ, then March comes roaring in like a bull with summer temps and cooks us early. It did that the year it was 122º that summer.

T_Bone
 
Yeah, we had two warm days here in Dallas and yesterday I noticed the dadgum flies had hatched. That means I get to fight flies for 8 to nine months.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top