heater/ac blender door ,95 dodge 2500

01gentdc

has anyone else had this problem ? my heat is poor in my cummins dodge ,,.the actuator seems to move from defrost to floor and dash registers fine ,,. but the heat door is not doing its job ,, I tried you tube ,. but it is a maze of how to fix of verything under the sun ..

Make sure the heater core isn't starting to clog. Try backflushing it. Maybe you will get lucky. If the core is clogged, or the bled door is bad the whole dash has to come loose, and pulled partially out to get to either one. Not fun...

(quoted from post at 12:12:33 12/12/16) has anyone else had this problem ? my heat is poor in my cummins dodge ,,.the actuator seems to move from defrost to floor and dash registers fine ,,. but the heat door is not doing its job ,, I tried you tube ,. but it is a maze of how to fix of verything under the sun ..

This is a common problem with Dodge. How is the air flow out the vents? My 2005 wasn't blowing very well. I took out the blower and the blend door came out with it. It now blows fine, it takes a little longer to heat since it's pulling in outside air as well as cab air but that's not a big deal for me. In colder climates it may be different.
I've seen video's where they screw the blend door shut so it only pulls in inside air but mine came out in pieces.

As already mentioned go to Heater Treater. I have replaced the blend doors on four Dodges so far. You should be able to replace it with out cutting the case or removing the heater. You will need to play with it a while to get it up there, but it can be done.

OTJ

Just replaced blend door on 03 Dodge cummins 2500. Took about an hour and half. You can get parts from Amazon or Heater Treater. Go to You tube and watch video on replaceing blend door on Dodge Ram. It is not as complicated as some say.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back