Help I.D. engine

Ron in AR

Member
I have an old Clark forklift with a flathead four cylinder engine. I can't seem to find anything on it to tell me what engine I have. Any ideas gang?
DSCF0083.jpg
 
It is definetly an old Continental flathead, Some where in the range of the N56,62, Y69 or somewhere in that category. If anybody can identify it, Gerrard Moon at Monte's Equipment Co. In Chicago can. Do a web search for them. I lost their web address in a computer snafu a while back. They have most of the old company build sheets and records and huge stock of NOS parts for these engines.
 
Its a Continental,look for all the numbers you can on the carburetor and anywhere else you can find some.I have an old Towmoter forklift that has a motor in it like that.I think I found numbers on the carburetor and somebody at the parts store figured it out from that.
 
In the first picture look between the distributor and the plug wire and you will notice a flat boss (in the back) that has some numbers on it. Probably a head number but may be able to use it to identify the engine.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top