Help identifying a tractor engine

TX-Help

New User
I recently acquired a tractor engine from a friend and need help identifying what I have. Most of the front end of a tractor was mounted on a trailer and converted to a stationary engine to run an air compressor. It is a 6 cylinder LP engine with IH markings on it. I can"t find any serial number on the engine or clutch housing. The hood has been painted several times, but some investigation shows it was originally yellow with red lettering "MCCORMICK" about 3.5" tall and 33" long. I don"t see any other decals on the hood. Any help will be appreciated.
a13473.jpg

a13474.jpg

Appears to be a version of the C221,263,291,301 engine used in the 460/560/706/806 and others.

Having a down draft carb, I believe it is a truck engine. May have been an early stand by power unit. May be even on some older combines.

I missed the downdraft carb, but the C221,etc is a derivative or the 220 truck engine, I believe.

Thanks a lot for your help. I think you are exactly right. I found some pictures of a SD220 online and it looks almost identical to my engine. I guess I saw IH on the engine and the hood with McCORMICK on it and assumed right away it was out of a tractor.

thanks again!!

I found a stamping on the engine that says

HT141

Would this be a Harvester Thresher 141 engine? Does anybody know anything about this engine? It does look a lot like the SD220.

My reference shows the BD240 in the 141 combine. Don't know if there may have been others. Go to the CaseIH web site and look in the Parts Catalog for the 141. It should show you all the possibilities.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back