Help identifying an implement

WESnIL

Help is needed to identify an antique potato planter. It is from the horse drawn era but the tongue is missing. My suspicion is that sometime in its lifetime the tongue was been shortened for use behind a tractor. In research and conversations with others I believe it to be an Aspinwall, manufactured by a Michigan based company. The only identifying parts are limited on the machine and include two parts with a raised or embossed capital "A" with a raised or embossed circle around it. My research showed some early Aspinall potato planters were made with a wooden seed potato hopper and some had a fertilizer hopper in front of the operator's seat. In a conversation with a knowledgeable old timer he is certain that the manufacturer's last name began with an "A". Most likely it was a short line company that only was in business for a limited number of years (then either went out of business or merged with another company) and only manufactured a limited number of implements. Any help with identifying and confirming the manufacturer are greatly appreciated. For its age it is in reasonably good shape.
cvphoto8370.jpg

Potato planter, spent many hours sitting in that seat, looks like the one we had only ours had the IH logo on the side of the metal box

The McCormick-Deering potato planter had a big IH embossed on the cast grinding tub or whatever the proper term for it was. The Oliver ones had casting numbers on lots of the parts for help in identifying the manufacturer/brand but this one only has casting numbers on the two wheel hubs.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back