Hemmings listing ..... 9N

Crazy Horse

I follow the Hemmings on line auctions and also they have 'for sale' cars and trucks as well. Now and then a tractor shows up and I saw this one today ..... asking price is $4290 and someone has offered $3600 so far. Getting a bit pricey I think, looks OK but nothing special I don't think. What would be a fair price in your area of the world ????
9N for sale at Hemmings Motor News website ....

It looks nice, but 2k is the limit around here (central lower Michigan). Everyone asks for 2500 for their ''8N''s (even when its really a 9 or 2N...) around here, but theyll settle for 1500-2000.

If they dont cut a deal, the potential buyer might just take his 2000 and go put it down on a new Kubota that is half the size with twice the power, monthly payments be damned!

I have seen plenty of nice looking 9n/2n/8n tractors listed on Craigslist for $3500-$4000 lately. I do not think they are actually selling for that much.

Price is between the seller and buyer. But, the pic of the steering wheel and s/n tag sure don't reflect a quality restoration. Makes one wonder about what you can't see.

Oops, my mistake, and I did know it was an 8N ..... I think the '49 year messed me up somehow.

(quoted from post at 11:11:39 11/06/21) Price is between the seller and buyer. But, the pic of the steering wheel and s/n tag sure don't reflect a quality restoration. Makes one wonder about what you can't see.

There are around 40 pictures to see. Many of the same thing but certainly more than the tag and steering wheel.

Wow, that is way over priced in my opinion. I'll sell them my 8N for that price. The one I have is truly a Trailer Queen. That's the price range I would put on it if I was selling. Of course, I would still be totally underwater in the tractor money wise....

OTJ

Here's a similar one that sold for 5K thru Hemmings in August with a Sherman trans and a rebuilt engine installed in Quebec, circa 1954.

I guess there are top-dollar buyers still out there...
5K8N4U2C

That is why it pays to advertise where people with big buck$ to spend like in Hemmings and not CL.Years ago I sold a lot of Mini Cooper parts for good money thru Hemmings probably couldn't have given away in my area.

You can't give them away in my area. Very nice one tops $1000 if your lucky. We always say if someone buy's one he's going to use it to gather his eggs. LOL

Explain THIS one...

AZbeRiP.jpg

(From a nearby New Holland dealer's current newspaper ad.)

My 52 8N with Sherman combination (not OD only as in the tractored pictured) is better and has only 1,100 original hours.

I might sell it for $5,000.

Dean

Yeah, someone else mentioned that, I think the 9 in the 49 messed me up when typing it. I see that some guys can edit their posts, I should check that out. Can you do it in Classic I wonder or only in Modern?

Guy down the road bought a 2N advertised as an 8N because it was painted as an 8N. Even ran the serial number for him to prove its a 2N. Paid $3,000 and refuses to admit its a 2N. Oh well!

Yes sir, none of my business other than he asked for my input. Gave it and he is happy with his his 2N/8N.

Fun little tractors to own and will still do a lot of useful work for you.
The biggest drawback with the 8Ns was the reverse gear.
Reverse gear was marvelously, stupendously, impossibly, ridiculously <font size=4 color=red>FAST</font>
That ruined them IMO.

(quoted from post at 13:20:41 11/06/21) Yeah, someone else mentioned that, I think the 9 in the 49 messed me up when typing it. I see that some guys can edit their posts, I should check that out. Can you do it in Classic I wonder or only in Modern?

I know you can in Modern, except in the Tales forum. I thought you could in the other one too, but I'm not sure. I don't mess with that one.

Recently talked to a local dealer about an 8n, recently gone through w/ lots of new parts. Runs good, hydraulics work, good tires, front grill guard. 3 pt blade thrown in: $2000.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back