Hey, in-too-deep

Oh yeah, forgot to update.

They took the trans out and rebuilt it. Puppy was toast.

Replaced a U-joint on the rear driveshaft.

Vacuum switch and diaphragm on transfer case replaced.

After that work the 4 whl. drive still did not work so they tried again and fixed a shifter fork in the front differential. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a thing wrong with the transfer case, but everything works now.

Transmission rebuild, u-joint, four-wheel-drive repaired, two trips on a roll-back truck, and 12 year, 12k mile warranty on trans came to $1,952.40.

How'd I do?
 
sounds in the ball park to me. I`m pretty sure you meant a 1 yr warranty though. Even if it costs a guy, it always feels good to have your truck back.
 
Yeah, that could be the warranty. I didn't pay much attention 'cause I'm moving 600 miles away from the shop in about a week.

Oh yes it was very nice to have my truck back. Felt like a monster truck after driving a Neon for couple thousand miles. No more headlights in my face and general shrunken feeling. 'Course when I drive my truck my fuel economy is cut exactly in half : (
 
Well, I hope the truck and the move work out well for ya. You`ll probably be coming pretty close by my door on the way. I figure I`m about 60 miles west of Dave, not sure where your coming from. Godd Luck and welcome to Minnesota. BW
 
She's fantastic! I think she's got 9 or so calves on the ground so far. 110 to go!! We're both about as excited as can be about me finally moving. 9 days left in Illinois!
 
I think you got a good deal ,I doubt I could get anybody in the big city to even come close to that as most shops now charge over 100.00+ per hour for labor .
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top