Hey! It Works!

Allan in NE

Well-known Member
I bred a Farmall M tractor, a Farmall 400 hydraulic pump and an International 766 remote port to build this hydraulic system.

Couldn't stand it; just had to plumb in a cylinder to see how she works. Walla!

Low and behold, it works great! Yeah, guess I must have just "lucked out" again. :>)

Only trouble is, I just got to thinkin', the M isn't big enough to pull anything that requires a cylinder anyway. :>(

Oh well, it's on there and operational anyhoo. :>)

Allan

ACF334F.JPG


ACF3352.JPG
 
Hi Mitch,

I just pinned it there to hold it. Drawbar was a perfect sized "fixture".

Just bought the cylinder on ebay, I needed to plumb some hoses to it and that drawbar allowed me to put some "wrench" to 'er. :>)

Allan
 
"Only trouble is, I just got to thinkin', the M isn't big enough to pull anything that requires a cylinder anyway."

I'm not following ya? What do ya mean?

Say, what brand of tire do you have on the left rear on that M?

Steve
 
If I tried to cobble together that much cross bred stuff it would look like heck. Man, you got a knack for this stuff. You should call up Discovery and get your own show.

This week on "Pimp my Tractor", host Allan crosses an M with an H, a 766, a 450, an 806, and a hydro 656 to give us the worlds first MH766450806656 hydro. Complete with 8 remotes, front wheel assist, deluxe cab, three point, and his newly patented 4 point, so new he doesn`t even know what to use it for yet. Tune in next time to see him build a working round baler out of paper clips, tin foil, tooth picks and duct tape.

All kidding aside that M is really something to be proud of. Congrats BW
 
(quoted from post at 14:03:13 03/21/08)Only trouble is, I just got to thinkin', the M isn't big enough to pull anything that requires a cylinder anyway. :>(

WHAT???? I pull things with my H that require a cylinder! The list goes on and on... small disc, plow, small chisel plow, pull type sickle mower, side-delivery rake, etc.

We also use the H to move implements around the yard, which requires a hydraulic hook up or two... I see I have you outnumbered as far as the number of available remotes:

hydvalve.jpg


Course, my tractor 'taint near as shiny as yours... :(
 
I have a long term goal of building a Uber H. I have started, I have the Saginaw hitch, and a few other items, but the remote is one I gotta go for. I am also thinking flat top fenders? It's a long term goal because I am in the process of changing jobs / carreers. BTW, your workmanship is superb.
 
Allan, looking really great. No since in having a working tractor if it is not functional for yur needs.

I am going to make and install a 3pt on Shawn's Farmall SC, never know when might need it, even if it is a parade tractor...Have to make it functional.

Keith & Shawn(Special Olympic Gold winner)
 
I don't know. that retractable draw bar might come in mighty handy when you are just shy of being able to drop the hitch pin in. I think I would leave her just like that.
 
That retractable drawbar would sure make hooking up implements easy. Allan has done it again! If IH would have just hired or at least consulted with him before they sold out, they'd be more popular than ever and probably would have ending up buying Case. Dave
 
That'll M 'll raise your haybine I'd think, not to mention a smaller auger. Heck there's plenty of uses for that set up.
Ross
 
Steven
I agree with you. We put up hay for years with a Super M and a 1014 hydro swing. Looked kinda funny but worked.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top