Hobart wire feed

I've had one a couple of years. It's a good machine for welding thin metal up to 1/4". I had only used a stick welder before. When using the wire welder the metal must be clean and bright.
 
I have a handeler 175 it was before the new #"s I really like it BUT the adjustments are not the same as a regular mig so if you ask for help certain people will not know what you are talking about. I bought a small 75 cub tank for gas from the local supply cheaper than renting for 3 years. If you go to hobarts site and the forum and such they will help you with any problems very quickly including waranty.
Also if you go to Cyber weld.com you will get the best deal and if you call you may even get a free cart or something.
Magman
 
I just went and checked prices at cyberweld dot com, and they are higher than my local steel yard/welding supply store. Also their prices on wire are outrageous compared to local. Tom
 
I've had one a couple of years. Can't say that I've used it much but it has worked well when I have. I looked at some online sites but ended up getting a good deal on a new one at a local shop. They bundled in several extra times.
 
Hi Tom,

I've always found Cyber-weld's prices higher than several other online retailers, too, and never been able to figure out what makes people recommend them. I have a couple of ideas/suspicions, but I'll leave it up to others to figure out for themselves.

weldingsupply.com has about the lowest online prices I've been able to find. Can anyone inform me of another retailer whose prices in an apple to apple comparison are any better? Remember, shipping charges are money, too.

All the best, Stan
 
I run one of the older (and much larger) Hobart Beta MIG 200's. Great machine, but different from the newer millermatic 250 and 251's I run at work. Hobart has a good machine, however, if you were doing more work on heavier material, i would seriously consider a better quality Miller welder. the Beta MIG 200 would probably hold up under the work i do, but we have always used millers.
 
I've used mine on stainless at the winery..Always works sweet..I also welded some steel bars at the jail..No problems..good solid welds...Keep a few tips handy..I like my Handler..
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top