Hood stuck on 70 all fuel

I'm trying to get the hood off of my '53 70 AF to get the leak in the tank fixed. The front lifts freely and the large tank filler doesn't move, the the back seems stuck and is lifting the starting tank with it. I
want some advice before I screw it up. The 3-way valve, valve lever/rod and plumbing to the starter tank are gone. I removed the rubber grommets around both fillers. I took out two bolts on the lower sides and 2 on the
top of the hood. What am I missing here??? I had the hood off about 20 years ago and I don't remember any problems. 'Course, I don't remember what I had for breakfast . . . Slip me some ideas about what to do.
Thanks!!

The one and only 70 I had the hood off of was like a 630, that you leave the tank and take the hood off, so look under the hood for more fasteners. :)

You were dead on. I used my endoscope from Harbor Freight to look and there were two brackets on the inside of the hood attached to the small tank. I got them off and the hood came off--with the little tank. There's evidently another attachment at the top. Doesn't matter to me, I wanted the hood off and I got it off. Thanks for the help!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back