Hot Chicks!

Dan-IA

Member
022508_1517.jpg


This bit of eye candy is brought to you by way of my busted cell phone.
 
Too cute! Have you ever seen baby snipes? They look like fuzz balls (about the size of a golf ball) on stilts. Just about the cutest things I have ever seen.
 
Back in the 50"s I ordered baby chicks by mail. Mom went to the post office and picked them up while I was in school. They all made it. stan
 
I was watching an episode of Dirty Jobs and there was a very large chicken place on there and they still mail order the chicks. They boxed them up and I think they went by US Mail or Fex Ex.
 
We still order chicks by mail some years, and don"t lose any more than if we pick them up at a hatchery. One year we got a call at 10 pm from the large postal sorting station in the city that we should go pick up our chicks. When I arrived, there were about 50-60 boxes with at least one hundred chicks in each for different people in the area. It was so loud you couldn"t hear yourself think in the building. The guys working there were not enjoying themselves that night.
 
Few years ago a friend was sitting in the bar drinking beer. Post office called his wife to come pick up chicks. She called the bar - next door to post office and told him to pick up chicks. He didn't go and little later wife comes in with box of chicks and dumps them on his head.
 
Every April I get a couple of packages of bees. Each package has a cluster of about 10,000 bees and are mailed in a small wooden crate with only window screen on 2 sides. The local carrier won't put 'em in her truck. So every year we'll get a "Come and get your bees, NOW!" call.
 
The light in the brroder coop burned out and Dad brought two boxes of chicks in the house and put them in the boxes in the bath tub. I was about four and fascintion got the best of me and I fell in the tub. Killed a few chicks.

Bought day-old Hungarian partridge chicks a couple years back for dog training.About the size of husked walnut. Didn't lose any out of 50 until a weasel got in my flight pen and killed them all five weeks later.

Larry
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top