How do we stop the maddness???

NCWayne

The post below about pocket knives, nail clippers, etc, etc being taken by the TSA, being prohibited in various places, etc go me to wondering. When will the crazinesss stop, but more importantly, what can we do to it stop? I mean seriously pretty much ANYTHING can be turned into a weapon, from car keys to a sharpened edge of a credit card, from a ball point ink pen to the spike heal of a shoe. Heck, take things back in time and a chip off of a rock is a weapon. Go further still and the rock itself was the weapon.

I guess what I am getting at is the world is full of tools, plain and simple. Whether a particular tools is used as a weapon or not depends upon the HUMAN involved. In the end it's the HUMAN MIND that is the real weapon, regardless of the object used. Funny thing I don't see anyone having to physically check their brain before doing anything. Well, on second thought, given the way some things are done nowdays I think out "leaders" are expecting us to check out brains and simply follow along with their stupid rules, without question.

There in lies the real question, "How do we make the maddness stop?". I mean I figure I could get on a thousand different sites, smilar to this one, and find tens of thousands of people who feel this same way. Unfortunately it seems we can all get together on here and share out concerns, our problems, etc, etc, but when it comes to actually getting out there and doing anything it all seems to come to a screeching halt. I mean I see these "occupy America" people being making themselves heard, the 'alternative' lifestyle people making themselves heard, and pretty much any other 'minority' group of like minded folks being heard...BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GOOD OLD AMERICAN MAJORITY that just wants this country to return to the common sense based roots of our past?

Let's not get political here as this IS NOT A POLITICAL post. Seriously there are folks from all parties that feel this way and that's the way it should be. What I am looking for is valid ways for those of us that feel this way to make sure our voices are heard and, more importantly, heeded by the leaders we choose beyond the 'pat' answer of 'elect them or not'. What I'm thinking is say something like petitions for/against this or that at tractor shows, etc, etc. In other words do like other groups do and find places where like minded people congrigate and use it as an advantage instead of being afraid to hurt someone's feelings by asking for a signature, etc, etc at a time they are wanting to 'just look at tractors'. Basically things have gotten to the point that if people are too interested in not having their 'play outing' disturbed for a minute by something really serious, then I guess we have gone too far and this country really is doomed......I mean things have gotten to where they are a little at a time, so it's a given that nothing will happen overnight.

Soooo, it's a given this will all have to happen a little at a time, one battle at a time, and maybe, just maybe, eventually common sense can win the war......Soooo, any more ideas??????

Put 90% of the lawyers in a wagon and drive it off a cliff, that would be a good start.
Then you might get some sanity back to the USA.

Very hard to keep this non-political because it comes down to basic philosphy of life, some people want the government to protect them from every real or perceived danger and some do not. The real reason that the occupy groups and various others can protest and be heard is because they do not have jobs and responsibilties like the working majority, you and I cannot take days, weeks, months off at our own whim in order to go make ourselves heard. The overwhelming reason we have all this nanny state is because of power mad politicians, the only way to end that situation is constitutionally mandated term limits for every elected official in the land, one term and out the door.

Agree with the lawyer sentiment. Yesterday we had about an inch and a half of snow, schools cancelled! By midmorning the snow had melted off the roads. Somewhere in the past I'll bet a law suit had something to do with being overly cautious with school busses.

One lawyer in a town will starve, but if there is two..... We only need one good lawyer and I vote for John T!

Here is an article that addresses business 'leadership gone wrong' and the last paragraph points to politicians.

<a href="http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/dgminke/?action=view&amp;current=killyourtvpurple.jpg" target="_blank">
killyourtvpurple.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>
Weeding them out

its all about greed,the american way.My 2 cents is that the politicians should be punching a time clock,being paid minimum wage only for hours actually worked,take away the power status and private jets,houses ect.Let them drive their own vehicles and pay like the working folk do everyday and i think changes would be made rapidly.They want to be politicians,make it about AMERICA,NOT THE MONEY....

When I was in the public school system the snow had to be at least 10" + before they even thought about closing the schools. I do remember the blizzard of 77, I got an extra week of x-mas vacation, I was in elementry school then.

Give everyone that boards a plane a loaded gun. The first guy that tries something funny there will be at least a few that will shoot the sucker. The fact that every one knows that if they start something funny they will die will be a fair deterrent.

THE GOOD OLD AMERICAN MAJORITY have got jobs to go to in order to support the bums who are protesting everywhere. They don't have the time or energy to protest after working 5 days a week or more. The only thing we can do is try to get all of this majority to take the time from their hard work to get out and vote in November. But even if we did get rid of him I'm not sure it would do any good.

Been saying that for years. Problem is how do we force those that make the rules to make rules that go against themselves????

I agree, the 'majority' spends their time working to support the 'minorities', giving the 'minorities' time to protest long and loud enough to get their way. Kind of like the old saying about the squeeky wheel getting all of the grease. My question though is, 'How do those of us that don't have time to squeek make ourselves heard LOUD enough, and in a manner to where WE get noticed too???? I mean the 'minorities' always seem to be able to find a lawyer to take their case for free and file any number of lawsuites demanding this or that.....how do the rest of us do the same thing unless we can find a lawyer like John T who might be able to take on the case for free...except for the fact he's also one of the ones that's working to support the bums too.....

Seems like anything we do it turns out to be a no win situation. How do we start winning for a change. Even voting isn't doing any good because about the best you can do now is vote for the lesser of two evils, and what good is that. A normal, everyday, honest man can't even get in the running because he's spending too much time paying for the bums too.......

Again how do we stop the maddness when it's pouring down on us and we don't even have an umbrella????

Oh my god here i am carrying lethal weapons on me each and everyday. Got a three blade stockmans knife in my pocket of my jeans , then there is the pocket screwdriver then the points screw holder and then the lethal ball point pen . Oh and i almost forgot the torch tip cleaner and the points feeler gauge . So there is no need to carry the model 19 S/W in the shoulder holster .And i can leave the Minni 14 at home from now on and not carry it on the tractor.

I don't think anything can change until we have term limits in Congress.

I've thought it up one side and down the other, and am convinced that Congress is our problem.

Yes, that would be a good start.
And....Get the Senators to have 2 year terms instead of 6.

Also get a legal system that makes the Plantiff pay the legal costs of the defendant if they lose a case. This would greatly cut down the BS lawsuits.

In the 2000 GOP presidential primaries, John McCain pushed hard for term limits and campaign contribution reform (and he was a great man for doing so). It may have been the thing that cost him the nomination. In 2008 he avoided the issue like it was radioactive.

Where is this reform going to come from if someone with great integrity who understands how critical it is to the life of the democracy has to abandon it because it is political suicide?

Stan

I really believe that the only way for REAL reform is to have a tidal wave wipe out DC.....OR a major economic collapse that would make the Mortgage meltdown look like a joke, A major event, like a central plains earthquake, a tidal wave to hit the southeast, or Mt. Rainer blows.

Brilliant idea. Then after the bullets pass through the person, it hits an innocent bystander and kills them as well. Or the bullet pierces the fuselage and the plane depressurizes. A taser would work better.

Big deal that you cannot carry a knife on board. Just put it in your luggage. You cannot carry a knife into court houses and most rock concerts, or even many sporting events why have metal detectors so what, it isn't the end of the world.

I think 3 terms in the house, or 2 terms in the Senate, and you're on your way home. Thanks for your service to our country, it is now complete. NEXT!

Stan, with all due respect, McCain-Feingold was nothing but an insurance plan for incumbents. McCain was watching out for himself. I voted for him anyway, well, actually I voted for Sarah and the geezer was on the flip side of the ticket!

my wife bought a decorative salad spoon.. the kind you might hang on a wall or display.. was made out of some light easilly carved wood like balsam.. and then painted and decorated.

she was told it was a weapon .. :)

We need to revive <a href="http://www.nationalgrange.org/" target="_blank">The Grange</a>.
The Granger Laws were the rural people speaking loudly and clearly.
But your hopes will not happen untill we give up sports and television. And that's not likely so...
More than anything other force, tv is killing us.
It induces the lethargy that keeps us away from the meetings, caucuses and polls.
The Grange on wikipedia

Dunno if we need term limits or not. I see both sides.
The workings of Washington are so complex that it takes a dozen or so years to learn to be effective. If we have a constant supply of new people representing us then the bureaucracy will run the show and they are not elected. At least now we have some control with our votes.
A high powered, 20 year veteran bureaucrat can easily intimidate a rooky Representative. Even though the Rep has the true power.

Back to the Bible. Back to doing the right thing. Bible tells there will be days like these. And months and years. Open the book and SEE. Dave

the first step is so simple no one would consider would be to limit the number of laws to fit on a small number of pages. medicare has twenty thousand pages of regulations--many of which contradict each other and change yearly. the weight of bureacracy is what is killing us and it is all there to justify government jobs. the government has some level of control in every decision we make--turn on a light bulb CFL. Lay on a mattress - don't remove the tab. Build an addition on your house--grease the inspectors palm. Healthcare is getting worse-because half of the work is done to meet regulations not take care of the patient. how about a law that requires ten laws to be removed before another can be enacted? or start with the constitution minus the slavery part.

The problem with term limits is that getting reelected is no longer an issue.

No easy answer. I have thought about this for a long time. The only possible realistic solution I have though of would be to have term limits with a NATIONWIDE vote to keep or reject the term limited member. Then have the same member go through the same NATIONWIDE vote every year if reelected. DOUG

I think I covered this issue the other day with the idea of beanbag guns being issued to every passanger. Given the knockdown power of just one of them, think what would happen to a terrorist when he got hit by a dozen or so of them all at the same time. The good thing about them is they won't penetrate the airplane or any passanger they should happen to hit so no one dies.....

I couldn't get into the courthouse because I was carrying a 3" cresent wrench on my keychain. Had to hand it off to a friend who waited outside. They would've made me miss the court date by taking it back to the car. Stupidity rules!

Americans might start by voting in national elections. Last election was with 38% of the registered voters. I guess it"s easier to stay home putting seatcovers on your car etc.

The answer to all of the problems is in a simple document called the Constitution. If you read the letters between two of the founders you will note that one of them, a guy named T. Jefferson, stated that it would really be something if it took 150 years for politicians to do the country in. The respondent, one G. Washington, concurred.

We had an opt out day where everyone that didn't like being radiated by the scanners at the airports wouldn't fly on that day. Guess what happened? Most of the people flew anyway. We get the govt. that we deserve. How many of YOU are flying anyway?

Beauracrats are the problem...they have to write or tighten existing regulations to justify their existance. Who wouldn"t screw the "masses" to protect a $100+K pie job. They"ll be there as a protected class, term limits or not.

However, term limits are a way to share the wealth...instead of one legislator being returned, year after year, to increase his or her personal fortune, term limits would spread the wealth, but the rest of us would probably be no better off.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back