How many G's Left?

Have a 51 JD G..late 51.wondered how many are left? Reply with year and lets see what we end up with..Styled that is ...anyone want to start a new post on the unstyle ..jump in...Charles
 
I have a 51 G that brother and I went to Iowa and bought about 15 years ago. He wanted to make a puller out of it but he found a 51 A in Nebraska. I bought the G from him and restored it and he made a puller out of the A from Nebraska. Brother died last Augest. Sure miss him. rw
 
I have a 1946 GM, it is next on my list to get fixed up/restored. It came from a John Deere dealer who had it on his farm in upstate NY and it was apparently beaten to near death, but I can't wait to revive it.
 
'52 G build September 11, 1951.

GEXPO.jpg
[/img]
 
I have a 47 G with parts from just about everywhere it seems. From it's water pump to it's unstyled flat head.
 
I have a 1949 G cast piston it is in fair shape but not to my caliber of restoration work. I was going to do a first class restoration on it with complete tear down to match my other Deere . But I got laid off the week before I was going to start on it in October to have ready for the Expo this year in NY. Still no job things are getting tight so it is on the back burner again may be for the 2011 expo it will be finished.
 
51' G serial # 48264 tore down for total rebuild- pulling the crank out to get the clutch side splines fixed.

Best Friend has a 51' G serial #52766 totally restored in 99'
 
Jim in OKlahoma,,,,be sure to post pictures ...PLEASE of your Grandpas G!! There has always to me been something about a G that made me want to have one! AND noe I do!! Charles
 
I have a 51G that I have half restored. I still need to go through the rear end, (it jumps out of 2nd gear when plowing), and I just drained the break in oil out of the engine a couple days ago.
 
I have a 50 G. S/N 44420. I would post a photo but I'm not sure how to attach it to this post only. I will add it if someone gives me a little more info on how to do it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top