How much Paint?

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I am about ready to paint my 841 Ford Powermaster. Can someone tell me how much Primer, Gray paint and Red paint I will need to paint it?
 
I used about 1 gal of primer, 2 quarts gray and 3 quarts red, using PPG Omni epoxy primer and Omnis acrylic urethane. An experienced paints would probably use less.
 
Ok, I guess now is a good time to ask also. I have a 39 John Deere B. How much paint should I use. I would assume it has about the same surface area as the ford 841, although the ford is short and squatty while my deere is taller and skinny. Any ideas?
Brad
 
Hey Brad; I've never painted a JD, but since it is pretty much all the same color I would think a gallon would give you sufficient quantity to lay on a few good coats. But, BEWARE, that is just a guess on my part. I photographed my tractor and took it to the auto paint store and the salesman guestimated the quantity. He was a little low on the primer and due to my skill I needed a little more of the top coat colors. Perhaps someone who is experienced with the type of paint you want to use and the JD can chime in and give you a better answer. As a word of caution, if the dealer has to mix the paint be sure you have the chemistry noted just in case you need more. Although some guys can come close in matching the paint, the chemistry code is really helpful for the perfect match.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top