Hydraulic fluid fill location on 187D

I have a 1984 Yanmar 187D. It seems the hydraulics are part of the transmission. Is this correct. I see a fill point, but have no idea what fluid or a level check.
Some days the bucket will lift more than 400 lbs and other times not. I wonder if it is worn or low on fluid. Without a dipstick to check levels I do not know.
What fluid is best to put in if in transmission.

Transmission and hydraulics do share the same transmission sump. You should have a dipstick on the top of the transmission. Size shows to be 33x237. Part number 194505-24130, but don't get any hits on that. I'll let others recommend the fluid. You also have a spin on hydraulic filter that might need changing as well as a suction strainer found behind a 3 bolt flange right in front of the rear axle on the left hand side on the tractor. It might need cleaning.

I have a 1984 Yanmar 187D. It seems the hydraulics are part of the transmission. Is this correct. I see a fill point, but have no idea what fluid or a level check.
Some days the bucket will lift more than 400 lbs and other times not. I wonder if it is worn or low on fluid. Without a dipstick to check levels I do not know.
What fluid is best to put in if in transmission.
J20C is the spec for the fluid to use. Yanmar+Deere worked on this together.

Either of these two do the same thing,
TF500A=J20C_.jpg

If you by the J20C as a store brand or oil company name brand, be certain it states 'meets J20C' and never compatible nor recommended.
20220710_153416md.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one with no dipstick. I suspected it was tranny driven Hydraulic. Good to know what is best fluid. I will have to look for some up here in Canada. Thanks.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back