hydraulic pressure on a 1070.

Anonymous-0

I was asked for some advice/assistance this past weekend surrounding a 1070 old enough it did not have a white hood. Seems the husband found himself a new heifer to chase & left the wife. In the settlement she got to keep the land 'cause she had it before they married and with no kids they were able to settle things & get it overwith.

Anyway, he had to have what he believed the good tractor or he'd have to have some of the land. So he got the good one (I don't know what it was) & left her the Case 1070 because it was jumpy, jerky, un-predictable and just plain dangerous in need fo a new clutch. The rock shaft didn't work, the power steering was weak, the brakes were poor and the PTO did not work. (Anybody see any patterns here?) Anyway, he'd left it as junk for her to tend to.

A pair of batteries, five gallons of Hydraulic fluid and two cables later, all systems work smooth as can be so now the lady wants to run her New Holland Haybine with it.

I told her I didn't think power would be a problem but I beleived there MIGHT be a small one with the hydraulics. The haybine has a GREEN JD stop rod type cylinder on it. If I recall the GREEN stop rod type cylinders were meant for the numbered series two cylinder tractors that had open center systems with relief valve pressures of about 1500 PSI. When Deere went to 2400 PSI closed center hydraulics, they beefed up the cylinders for the higher pressure & painted them BLACK.

That's all the background and here is my concern. I flat out do NOT know but am guessing the 1070 is more like 2200 to 2400 PSI CLOSED center hydraulics and that the GREEN JD cylinder is at least being abused by the 1070 if not in jeopardy of springing leaks or blowing seals & gaskets.

Your knowledge, thoughts and comments will be much appreciated so I thank you in advance!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back