Hydraulic question

Mtractor

I have a 401 b yellow John Deere tractor and I have a loader to put on it and I think the two spool valve I have is open center valve and the tractor is closed center. Is there any way to hook it up and make it work my valve does not have the plug to change it from open to close. What would happen if I did find the preasure line off the front pump and made the oil flow through the valve . Would that not work ? I think if I tied into the preasure line and returned to the sump that would not work or would it? Some body told me you can use a open center valve on a closed center tractor if you knew how to hook it up .Is that right ? If I do need a valve where is the best place go buy one and what do I need to ask for as like pressure and that kind of stuff ? Northern tool company sells them but I do not know which one I might need . Thanks

(reply to post at 17:17:08 02/14/14)

Closed center hyd's will cavitate(frt pump will run out of oil) if an open center valve is plumbed into hyd system. Easy wy to determine if your valve is open center is plug valve "in hose" into SCV aim "out hose" in hyd filler hole activate SCV and if oil flow out "out hose" with valve control levers in neutral it's a an open center valve.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back