hydraulic valve recommendations?

petebert

Massey 275 that currently has a diverter valve. Should I plumb in a separate control valve or replace the diverter valve with something like this, appears to be both a diverter valve and control valve combined into one unit.

https://www.external_link/MFS3948-Single-Hydraulic-Remote-Valve-with-Lever

Last edited:
Massey 275 that currently has a diverter valve. Should I plumb in a separate control valve or replace the diverter valve with something like this, appears to be both a diverter valve and control valve combined into one unit.

Pete, you are going to have to give us more info to help answer that question. What are you trying to do with the valve? What's wrong with the one you have? etc, etc. steve

Pete, you are going to have to give us more info to help answer that question. What are you trying to do with the valve? What's wrong with the one you have? etc, etc. steve
General farm use, the first thing I want to attach is a bale wrapper. I actually ran the wrapper on it other the day the way it is. It worked, only downside was I couldn't spin in reverse. Here's a picture of the diverter valve that's on it now
PXL_20240418_150431330.jpg

So, if I read this correctly, you need hydraulic flow in both directions to run the equipment you use? And the diverter valve is only providing one-way flow? Others will have to chime in, because I don't know this tractor, or the potential it has to do what you want. I'm just the one who asks the stupid questions:unsure:. But my inclination would be to plumb a single spool, 2 way valve, beyond this diverter, unless a combo (like you suggest) would fit where this diverter sits on the tranny and be ergonomic to use. Here's a couple more stupid questions: where does the flow go when it isn't being "diverted" by this valve? What else does the hydraulic system operate at the same time? That's a "will you have enough flow and pressure to do what you want to do" kind of question. Steve

Last edited:
I think Steve has the right idea. The loader on my MF 65 works that way. The diverter valve sends the oil through a separate valve to get two-way action for a loader. That valve is stealing oil/pressure from the internal three-point pump. My 275 has a separate live hydraulic system and I thought they all did. I guess I was wrong. The other option for a device would be to get a PTO pump like my three-point backhoe has. You get lots of hydraulic power, but the PTO is tied up.

This how I operate a top link hydraulic Cylinder for box and scraper blades. Also works great with boompole. The diverter valve has four positions, Off, Ports A, B, C.
That gives you thee possible uses. I just use port A thru a closed center hydraulic valve. Pressure to tank in center position.
150 MF

Attachments

• IMG_20240423_111711636.jpg
    IMG_20240423_111711636.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back