I am doing firewood all wrong!

rockyridgefarm

Well-known Member
Bookface decided I am a good candidate to buy artisan firewood. Proof positive that the rich really do burn cash for heat…

$5000 per cord firewood
B9705E8A-8FB9-4EA9-B138-AFC8F3E84C61.png
 
Ever figure what those little plastic wrapped firewood bundles, the ones in front of stores, add up to to make a cord.
Yes I have. My first thought was who would pay for that much for so little. But apparently there is a market for it. Personally I just go out and find a dead tree or two.
 
Yes I have. My first thought was who would pay for that much for so little. But apparently there is a market for it. Personally I just go out and find a dead tree or two.
Who would pay that much for so little? Anyone who owns an RV or a decorative fireplace. They just need enough to roast a few marshmallows, or to sit around so they can drink beer into the wee hours of the morning.

Nobody is heating their home all winter on those little bundles.

If you think that's expensive you should see what they charge at the campgrounds.
 
A few years ago I was in the register line at TSC and the guy in front of me bought 2 entire pallets of that bundle wood, which was all they had in stock, while he was paying he inquired as to when they would have more in. Curiousity caused me to ask what he did with that much bundle wood? He said I have a wood burner and heat my house with it,,,,,,
 
In MN you have to have certified firewood at most campgrounds. Meaning it has been de-bugged. Stopping invasive species from damaging our forest is not possible, but they are trying to slow its progress. That's why it is at every gas station and farm store in our area.
 
We always laugh when we see the bundles. We burn wood at the cabin and always have a bonfire going. Wood the size of the bundles goes on the bonfire each time. Couldn't afford it.
 
Ever figure what those little plastic wrapped firewood bundles, the ones in front of stores, add up to to make a cord.
Not nearly as expensive as this. If the bundle is $10 for 1 cu ft, that is $1280 per cord. That’s a downright bargain versus this…
 
Sitting around a big campfire after dark, having the drink of choice, telling stories and sharing life experiences. Looking up into the star filled sky, feeling the heat from the fire on your face and legs. Enjoy it while you can. I can't help but think someone will claim it it bad for the eco-system/ environment and try to ban them. gobble
 
Reminds me of the little half loaf of bread size bale of timothy in PetsMart for feeding rabbits. Can’t remember what that calculated out to on a ton basis.
Can't imagine what PetsMart sold it for but, until postage got crazy high I had a booming business selling pet hay on Ebay. I repackaged small squares into 2, 5, and 10 pound boxes. Worked out that I was selling everyday mixed meadow grass hay for $4,000 a ton rather than the $200 a ton it would bring locally.
 
People throw $$ away on all kinds of stuff. Heck they pay good money for a bag of --it. It's called Milorganite and I worked at a place that sold tons of it in the 1980's!
 
Nothing is better on a cool summer night than a nice campfire with a couple of friends and beverages. I cut and split my own wood, usually ash or maple. The ash is all standing dead and needs to be dealt with sooner than later. The ash burns really good and is almost pop and spark free. Excellent to sit by. I doubt that gourmet wood is any better.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top