I have a YM 1500 and the lift arms won't go down. Anyone solved this before? If so what's the solution?

Snakeboots

New User
I have a YM 1500 with the lift arms stuck up. I can't force them down. I have replaced the filter and fluid, but the arms are still stuck. I've tried to release any pressure
but the arms are still stuck up. They had gone down some but when I tried to work them up and down (using the hydraulics) they would not go back down. Anyone have this problem before? If so how did you solve it?

I have a YM 1500 with the lift arms stuck up. I can't force them down. I have replaced the filter and fluid, but the arms are still stuck. I've tried to release any pressure
but the arms are still stuck up. They had gone down some but when I tried to work them up and down (using the hydraulics) they would not go back down. Anyone have this problem before? If so how did you solve it?
A few things to look at,
- Is the lift handle for the 3PT now disconnected or broken?
- There are a few levers under the seat or behind the seat to LOCK the 3PT in place. The control lever will not do any thing then.
- Under the seat at the front is a flower looking knob. IF someone messed with that, then the 3PT lift will either lock or drop without going up. Depends on the model.

Thanks, I'll try that
Thanks for replying. From the diagram I am looking at from the link you gave for figure 17 I'm not sure which is the lift piston. Under the seat to the rear of the tractor the control valve has a plunger that does move in and out. I'm thinking you mean something else when you mentioned the lift piston. I'll keep checking though.

A few things to look at,
- Is the lift handle for the 3PT now disconnected or broken?
- There are a few levers under the seat or behind the seat to LOCK the 3PT in place. The control lever will not do any thing then.
- Under the seat at the front is a flower looking knob. IF someone messed with that, then the 3PT lift will either lock or drop without going up. Depends on the model.
Thank you for your reply. The lift handle doesn't seem to be broken or disconnected. I have moved the various levers to try and lower the lift arms. I thought it was fixed at one point because we were able to get the arms down but when the tractor was started and the lift handle raised it wouldn't go back down. Still working on it.

Thank you for your reply. The lift handle doesn't seem to be broken or disconnected. I have moved the various levers to try and lower the lift arms. I thought it was fixed at one point because we were able to get the arms down but when the tractor was started and the lift handle raised it wouldn't go back down. Still working on it.
In the parts manual, sections 17 thru 19 cover the hydraulic controls. see attached
YANMAR YM1500 PARTS MANUAL JP EN.pdf

There is this flower knob at the front, under the seat to turn. The rest of the parts there are in the hydraulic cylinder.
1709333153609.png

BTW, I forgot, make sure item-8 is NOT clogged. This is the pressure relief vent. If clogged, the lift will NOT go down. :)
Mud wasps for some reason like to crawl in there and plug this hook up! Most of these are just threaded pipe into the housing.
Try NOT to break it.

1709333398197.png

Attachments

• YANMAR YM1500 PARTS MANUAL JP EN.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 94
Where on the tractor did you find the hydraulic filter? I can't find one on mine (a YM1600 but must be similar), certaintly not at the back under the PTO shaft where they usually are, apparently. I'm hoping I don't have to split the tractor to get to it!

(I did find a possible filter in the hydraulic hoses under one of the foot plates, but may just be a connector of some sort - don't want to open the hydraulic system when it's all working unless I need to, and am fairly sure that's the right place...)

Thanks.

Where on the tractor did you find the hydraulic filter? I can't find one on mine (a YM1600 but must be similar), certaintly not at the back under the PTO shaft where they usually are, apparently. I'm hoping I don't have to split the tractor to get to it!

(I did find a possible filter in the hydraulic hoses under one of the foot plates, but may just be a connector of some sort - don't want to open the hydraulic system when it's all working unless I need to, and am fairly sure that's the right place...)

Thanks.
pretty sure I have already stated this somewhere on some forum. Pretty sure the 1600 screen is on the front of the transmission right behind the clutch housing. Likely a 3 bolt flange at that location.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back