I let the Ford EAT beans today!

Anonymous-0

Hey guys, as some of you know I posted a message a while ago about a 454 J.D. row crop head on my 642 Ford not feeding beans.I am pleased to say that I dont have that problem anymore.I started in some 50bpa beans today and it will eat them just as fast as you can hold it on the row.My problem turned out to be something that I stumbled accross on accident.I had my feederhouse off to reseal it on each side and noticed that it was cut way back at an angle on the bottom.This was causing a wad to build up in front of the cyl and concave.Come to find out there is a plate that bolts in this gap on 1977 and later 642's.I just happened on this when I was robbing parts off of one of my parts machines.(which is a 78 and had the plate in)If anyone has not had the priviledge to run a good feeding row crop head you don't know what you are missing.I hope I never have to cut beans with a grain table again.I will try to get some pictures tomorrow.That one plate made this into a totally different combine!

I owned two 642 in the late seventys doing custom work in sumter county,good machines,combines have to be adjusted correctly and checked daily. GOOD LUCK BUBBA

Yes Ellsworth cattle co. planted 5000 acres of oats in fall of 1975. Trucking was the hardest part. Haley where are you located. BUBBA

I am located in Eastman. Small world ain't it! Is there any 642's left around Sumter county? I I have six 642's(4 for parts and two running)and have been custom harvesting around Dodge county for the past 14 years.If you know of any 642's (running or parts)please let me know because I am always looking for parts.There used to be a Ford dealer in Americus that sold a bunch of 642's.I think it was Carson brothers.My father bought one new in 78 from Cawthon tractor in Perry and had to go to Americus every once in a while for parts.

i saw a couple of ford combines near byromville a while back. was that you on hwy 280 between rhine and milan a couple of weeks ago pulling corn with a ford?

That was me! There wasn't much corn in that field to pull, but I did the best I could with it.I combine quite a few acres for different people in Rhine,Chauncey,and Milan.Were the combines you saw in Byromville running or parked? Reckon they are for sale?Can you tell me how to get to them?Thanks,Shaun

it didnt look like there was much corn in that field last year either. i work at milan s.p. go that way every day. run an outside workdetail in lumber city. those combines were parked i will have to get a map and see if i can explain where they are havent been that way in a year or 2, it seems like i used to see a few of them over that way there have never been any around crisp or wilcox county that i recollect

oh yeah dont know if its still there but there was one west of I-75 in warner robins where that new exit is south of town was still there a couple of months ago been sitting there since the late 80s at least

I tried to buy that combine on i-75 along with another complete one that guy owns about five years ago.At the time he wouldn't sell.I ran an ad in the market bulletin about a year ago for 642's or parts and got a call from the same guy.Come to find out they cut the one beside the interstate up for scrap, but he still wanted a heck of a price for the other one.The complete one is for parts at best.(high hour,worn out, hasn't run in at least ten years)There was one parked in the bushes where hwy 90 and 215 meet in between abbeville and cordele.I havent had a chance to get back down there to check on it.I just moved to a bean field just out of rhine between rhine and chauncey on hwy 165 today.This is the best beans i've ever cut.(probably 50bpa dryland)Please rack your brain and try to rember where the ones in byromville are.Thats not far from home and these combines are getting harder and harder to find.

i saw those beans monday after work they sure look good from the road. not sure where that combine on 215 and 90 is.im trying to remember where they cross at. those combines near byromville are on a back road coming from montezuma.i used to do a lot of gallavantin around before gas got so high. thats why i havent been over there latley but i will figure out exactly where they are sitting and lrt you know.man i love all that old stuff dont matter what color it is. the only problem is working for g.d.c. doesnt leave any extra cash to buy up all this stuff i can find

ok looked at the map go to montezuma on highway 90 turn right at the red light on hwy 26 go about 3or 4 miles to an old country store on the right. take the paved road to the right beside the store.its rock dam road or something like that.the combines are (were) beside the road on the right.if it isnt on that road when you get to the stop sign take aleft on that road.theyshould be out there somewhere on the right wish i could remember better but its been a couple of years.the one you were talking about at 90 and 159 is an old ben pearson cotton stripper. it was built on the same running gear as those combines. i think i know where you were talking about thats the carroll place

You are right ,There is a Ben pearson stripper on the farm where the combine is.The combine is on the Fitzgerald side of the old house down close to the run of the creek stuck facing directly away from the highway.When my brother saw it while going through there with a load of logs and told me about it you could barely see the combine for the vines.The tail was sticking out and most of the blue paint had faded away to Claas green underneath.Do you know these people?Thanks for the info on the ones in Byromville.I will have to make a trip over there soon.

i dont know those folks i just know who it is. that guy farms my wifes grandmothers place. i have noticed that stripper a lot but never noticed the combine. there sure arent many around here.kind of suprising actually there was a large ford dealer in cordele for years.whelchel tractor co they closed in the early eighties

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back