I smell gas

37 chief

I am sitting in my favorite chair, by my stove watching the news. My wife says I smell gas. I tell her that is not gas, if you smell something it's probably diesel fuel. I just filled my tractor tank, and I must have spilled some on my clothes. Funny I didn't smell it. She wants me to change my clothes. I tell her the back is clean, it's just the front that has something on it. It didn't work this time Stan

My wife can smell gas on my clothes I swear while I'm still outside. I unusually don't notice but I guess you guess used to after a few minutes.

Ooh I know, women must have a nose like a dog. I have coveralls on pretty much steady outside unless its way too hot. Your chair , her house lol.

Yeah, I deliver home fuel oil and diesel fuel. If I have so much as a drop on my clothes when I get home my wife will smell it. I guess I'm so used to the smell that it doesn't bother me.

It is easy to get used to smells that are quite strong to other people. Growing up on a hog farm proved that over and over again, LOL. Another class mate could even tell if his dad had been in a store from the combined smell of Swisher Sweet cigars and pig manure.

Several decades later a co-worker checked his farrowing barn before coming into work without showering first. At work I recognized that smell from over 20 feet away, and by then I had very bad sinuses. I walked down the aisle to pinpoint where it was coming from.

the smell of gasoline gives my wife a headache. In fact her sniffer is'nt very good, so she will say, do you have gas on you?? I've suddenly got a headache, usually the answer is yes, I may have gotten some on me. Get it off and into the washer. Just the way it is here. gobble

I used to help a somewhat disabled woman,plow the yard,thaw her frozen pipes when she forgot to close the cellar door,take her trash to the dump etc.She had cats.The grandson was here visiting and went with me to get the front door to close properly.I warned him about the smell,but he said his smeller was ruined.He had been working in the farrowing pens for Cargill for a couple of years,and a few cats were not going to bother him.He walked in the door with me and stopped short,seems like his smeller recovered right then and there.

My wife hates the smell of abrasive dust. When I am out doing metal work using a grinder I have to wear coveralls and a head cover. If I go in the house after cutting with out using my protection, its into the shower and clothes in to the washer. No compromise!

OTJ

YOu got that right.

When I was doing the insurance inspections, I once walked into a house where the smell of dog poop was overpowering. I almost had to turn around and walk back out. Yet the lady of the house was sitting there watching TV completely oblivious.

She also apparently had no idea she'd reduced the market value of a $300,000 house to effectively zero.

I imagine the diesel smell would absorb into the upholstery regardless of where it is on your clothing. I picked up a can of gasoline onetime in my wife's SUV and forgot to get it out until the next day. It took more than a week to get the gas smell out of the car.

Probably 20 years ago a heating oil supplier was making a delivery to the wrong address but did not know. He was at the wrong address-it had the outdoor pipe for heating oil but the tank had been removed. I heard the oil company had to buy the house and demolish it as the the smell could not be removed!

The back flat in our old house always had a faint smell of
oil. When we redecorated the bedroom there was
linoleum underneath the carpet. The original wood floor
had a kerosene stain. The oder still was there

Walmart usually has it here, in the laundry detergent area. Occasionally the local grocery will have it too, same location in store.

Reminds me of something my Dad used to say about my Mom: She can smell a cigar on television. lol

I don't even use diesel but I stay away from the pump iland with the diesel. Years ago was using neighbor's diesel tractor and backhoe and about got overcome with the fuems. But othere smells skunk yes, the food on my plate no, never have.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back