I smell a skunk

37 chief

I smell a skunk in my house. My dog started fighting with a skunk. I broke them up by squirting water on them. The dog didn't get sprayed directly, but has a skunk doer. we washed her with special skunk soap. There is still some skunk odor, but not too bad. We had dogs hit directly, it takes a day or two for the strong odor to leave. The dog got bit on her nose. Will call the vet in the morning to see if we should do anything else. The dog has had all her shots. This all happened 9:30 at night. Just what I need for a good nights sleep. Stan

Son had a Basset Hound pup get attacked by a skunk.
He shot the skunk and it was rabid.
The pup was in a pen and the skunk climbed in.
Pup was going in for shots that weekend.
Had to shoot her to protect the grandkids.
I killed 7 skunks that year.
In SC, you can get a rabies booster shot if an animal gets attacked even though it's vaccines are up to date.

Sadly, it takes a while for skunk odor to disperse. We had a mother cat got into it with a skunk, while defending her nest of kittens. It was many weeks before odor went away. Was worse on humid days. Mother car would stay away from us, keep her distance on the worst days.

Had one dog get himself sprayed three times in one summer! Unless youve been up close to something that a skunk actually sprayed, you cant imagine the acrid, choking power of that chemical. Its not like the burned coffee smell they trail along while walking around your yard. I shot one in the doorway of the chicken coop once, and that discharge made it impossible to breathe inside for a day, and darn unpleasant for another week. Dave

We had some big owls this spring, and they killed three skunks. Somehow they cut their heads off. Someone said that owls can't smell them. When I catch them in my boxtrap. It has a rope tied to it and I drag them into the canal. Come back a couple days later and pull them out of the water.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back