Ignition Switch

Anyone know where I can get an ignition switch that will last more than a few months? I put a new one on my 2N and on my Fergie TO-30 several months ago and the one on the Fergie is already shot. Any suggestions?
 
This site has them, as does nnalert. These ignition switches aren't the most robust in the world & one way to quickly burn them up is to wire the lights through them. Did you make that mistake?
50 Tips
 
That will sure do it.

Put in another new switch, and feed the lamps off the hot side of the ignition switch..

IE.. feed the lamp switch from the same wire point that the ignition switch is drawing from.. etc... those ignition switches are quite anemic, and seem to only like the 4a or so ignition current...we see lots of reports of failures of ignition switches here as it is.. and the lamps fed off of them don't help any.. good luck

soundguy
 
[b:93994aab45]
Larry;
Bruce, and SouNdguy, have the right idea. It took 2 ign. switches for me to learn, about having the lights wired through the ign.. Finally about 1 yr. ago, I did what they told me, and wired them from the Batt. conection, to a light switch, then the lights. NO more probs.!!!! The ign. switch I have now, has lasted about a yr.
Like they say, those key switches sold nowadays, cannot withstand the added amp. draw.
BTW: My "N", is also a 2N 1944.

HTH
Gary :) [/b:93994aab45]
 
I've had good luck with the switches I purchased from Grainger. I have a seperate switch for Headlights, Worklights (rear), and ignition.
For the lights I used On - Off - Mom switches. The ignition is an On - Off switch. All 3 have a rubber boot over the switch to protect from dust, dirt, moisture, etc.

The part numbers I think I ordered are:

Momentary Switch - http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1XWR9

Ignition Switch - (This is similar to the one I use, but mine is a SPST not a DPST like this one, though this one will work fine) http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1XWP9

Boots - http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1UDJ4

These are MUCH heavier duty than I can buy at my local CNH or Auto Parts store.
Hope this helps.
TooTall
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top