IH 444 glow plugs and wiring

Mjrichards

New User
Hello all,

I've recently purchased an international 444. It needed a lot of work, and it's now functional.
When I got it there wasn't much in the way of electrics, a lot of the wiring harness has been cut off and I've been slowly trying to figure out what things do and connecting cables Back up.

My issue is that it needs a good blast of easy start to get going from cold and I'd like to fix this. I've tested the glow plugs and all were knackered for want of a better word. Before I spend 50 on a set of new ones and 15 on a resistor, I wanted to make sure the wiring was in place to give them power, as when I tested it initially there was no power going to the plugs. I've managed to re-wire the ignition switch back up and it will now start on the key, but now when I test it there is a constant current going to the glow plugs.

There is a broken button underneath the ignition switch which I expect might be to preheat the glow plugs but you can also turn the key to the left which is how you preheat the glow plugs on another machine I have, some clarification on this would be much appreciated.

I'm not so mechanically minded especially when it comes to electrics so you may have to explain like you're talking to a child, apologies for this.

Mike

This post was edited by Mjrichards on 04/19/2022 at 01:05 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back