IH 574 will not start

za766

I have a IH 574 gas that will not start. Ran good when last used this spring when putting hay in with cattle and hasn't been used for approx. 3 months. Has fuel to carburetor and spark at plugs. How can I test to see if the problem is the fuel shutoff solenoid on the carburetor? Using starting fluid spraying into intake will fire and run if continue to spray starter fluid. As soon as quit it stops. Any test to determine if the problem is the solenoid on the carburetor? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

(quoted from post at 19:51:48 08/07/22) I have a IH 574 gas that will not start. Ran good when last used this spring when putting hay in with cattle and hasn't been used for approx. 3 months. Has fuel to carburetor and spark at plugs. How can I test to see if the problem is the fuel shutoff solenoid on the carburetor? Using starting fluid spraying into intake will fire and run if continue to spray starter fluid. As soon as quit it stops. Any test to determine if the problem is the solenoid on the carburetor? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Have someone switch the ignition on and off while you touch and listen to the solenoid.

Should make a sharp little ''click'' when first energized that you can hear and feel.

Check for voltage at it's connector while the ignition is ''ON''.

If power and no noise, turn off the ignition and unscrew the solenoid (be prepared t catch the gasoline that comes out as the bowl drains) an see if there's rust or gunk deposits that may be sticking it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back