IH 706 Brakes

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Before haying starts, I'll probably be replacing brakes on a diesel 706. I haven't driven the tractor yet so I don't know if they're just plain worn out, or if something's broken. I understand they are hydraulically operated. Is it a fairly easy job to replace the brakes? I see on YT they have the brake disc for $19. One on each side? Would the kit be a better deal at $137? Kind of a dreary day and I'm just planning ahead. Any tips or discussion is welcome. Thanks!
 
You might as well buy the kit, you will end up needing it anyway. There are springs in there that will need replacing and an o-ring or 2, and it seems like there are 2 disks per side. I did mine last year and it is a pretty easy job, just dirty with the brake dust and such.
 
Lots of time a good cleaning will help. We used to pull the covers off of our and just clean and blow the brake dust off. We took the disks, and cleaned them, them layed them on the concrete shop floor and just gave them a good " scuffing" by rubbing them around in a circular motion.

Naturally, if anything was worn, or leaking, then it needed to be replaced. Not too bad of a job , just dirty as others have mentioned.


Gene
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top