784ih

New User
Was wondering if anyone can point me in right direction. I have an IH 784 that I'm currently having hydraulic issues. I have good steering pto and loader operations but recently started hear loud whine and hydraulic fluid getting over heated fast. Also hydraulic lines under seat are vibrating. New oil and filter. Could this be a stuck valve or pump going bad. Doesn't have any bubbles in oil that I can see

do you have one of the remote levers pushed so it is deadheading the oil in the circuit. That will heat oil and make the relief valve whine and get more pronounce as engine speed increases. I would start there then check for the possibility of stuck relief valve or a leaking 3pt valve or stuck in the open /on position.

Thanks I'll check. After pulling seat and cover the lines vibrating do go to aux lever body

(quoted from post at 02:22:29 07/04/23) Post back with solution.
Didn't get much time to work on yesterday day but did hook up aux to implement and lever operations ran fine lots of pressure. Hoping to get more time tomorrow and check relief valve and 3pt. 3pt does bleed down pretty quick now when tractor shut off in up position.

(quoted from post at 11:20:13 07/05/23)
(quoted from post at 02:22:29 07/04/23) Post back with solution.
Didn't get much time to work on yesterday day but did hook up aux to implement and lever operations ran fine lots of pressure. Hoping to get more time tomorrow and check relief valve and 3pt. 3pt does bleed down pretty quick now when tractor shut off in up position.
After further digging looks like it's in 3pt system. When moving position control lever I can find one spot where load on pump stops for a second then starts again.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back